Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sidesaddle Yes or No?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I get what you are saying, so do you run them set up for a lefthander just to be masochistic?

I'm a lefty, so virtually every duty shotgun set up like that bangs the crap out of me.

Yes if you shoot it out on the shoulder you could roll your head over, but I prefer a more centered and higher mount to leave my head erect.
    Solution: Duty AR-15!

Feedback Score
    Joined the forum recently. This thread interests me. Have several shotguns. Am in process of accessorizing a Mossberg 590A1 for an upcoming class in August. Purpose of this gun and the training with Max Joseph in August is home defense and SHTF scenarios we all hope never come. My 590A1 has a 20" heavy barrel, ghost ring sights, standard stock (not SpeedFeed) with a light and mount added from GG&G Tactical. Will add a sling and six-shell stock carrier from Specter soon because the two pieces integrate and come with a single adapter that can be used with either the sling by itself or the shell carrier by itself. Pretty cool set up that adds flexibility. Am considering adding a side saddle or two from Mesa - six shells left side and potentially four shells right side - although I am concerned about the four-shell carrier getting in the way on reloads so have decided to stick with six-shell carrier and wait for advice from Max and others on this forum on adding four more on the right side. All opinions appreciated.

590.jpg
    Mossy_after.jpg

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've considered adding a side saddle to my Remington 1100 tac4 but the weight of 6 more rounds is concerning. It holds 10 rounds already and I think I'm to the point of diminishing returns for a home defense shotgun. I certainly don't see the point in having 10 extra rounds hanging off the sides mentioned in the post above...

Feedback Score
    No GG&G side saddles around here?

I have had mine for a little while now.....maybe a year...cant quite remember when i got it but it has been loaded the entire time and retention is NOT a problem at all. It was a little to tight when i got it but its perfect now and hadn't gotten any looser either. as fare as the tightening the bolts to much and squeezing the receiver......just don't do it and you will be fine LOL! same case goes for the barrel clamp sling mounts for shottys. just don't over tighten it and its that simple.
    know The Basics At A Superbowl Level. (I Think Larry Vickers Said That...)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This might be going to far but ive switched to velcro cards and i have spare cards stuck to the bottom of furniture and other hidden spots across my house.... Who knows if youll need it?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My 500 Persuader is set up almost the same: Hi-Viz sights, wood furniture and a side saddle. I like the idea of having more rounds close by, but on the flip side, I don't love how the gun balances. It's manageable, of course, but it doesn't feel as good in the hand as my 18.5" Wingmaster Magnum with no side saddle. In the end, I think you just need to decide which thing benefits you (personally) the most--balance or ammo availability.

Take it like a man."

This Too Shall Pass

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I prefer Velcro shotgun cards.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345