Thread: First post first build

Feedback Score

First post first build

This is my first build, it's going to be used for coyote hunting and the range. Started off as a FDE build with Umbrella Corp recievers. They didn't fit together as well as I had hoped so I switched to the billet Mega ambi reciever set.

After switching to the Mega set I decided to have it cerakoted dark bronze. I was worried the color was going to be a little bright, but I think it turned out perfect.

Excuse the crappy phone pictures.

Lower:
    Mega ambi lower
    Jp parts kit
    Geissele SD-C
    Seekins bolt release
    Seekins mag release
    Badass 45° safety
    Noveske takedown pins
    A5 buffer system
    B5 bravo stock (soon to be replaced with a Magpul STR)
    BCM Modd grip

Upper
    Mega billet upper
    BCM KMR 13
    TiFang forward assist
    Raptor charging handle
    Mega midlength 16in stainless nitride barrel
    BCM gas block
    Atomic Tactical NiB BCG
    BCM stubby front grip
    Silencerco Saker Trifecta muzzle break
    Bobro/SWFA slightly forward QU mount
    Vortex Viper 1-6 HD Gen2

Cerakoted by Atomic Tactical
    Last edited by lemony; 12-28-14 at 14:51.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Looks pretty solid. Why, specifically, did you choose these parts?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Looks like a nice build. The STR is a great stock, I like mine. That's one heck of a scope you put on there- what do you think of it?

Welcome to the world of AR-15s
    Last edited by sevenhelmet; 12-28-14 at 17:37.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Nice parts list. I agree with you on the B5 vs STR. I have an STR on my build and a B5 on my Colt. Contrary to all the love the B5 gets, I think I prefer the STR. I do like the butt of the B5 but the cheek weld doesn't feel like much of an improvement over the M4 stock.

Feedback Score
    The B5 is a nice stock it just fits so loosely on my a5 RE and that bugs me. I had a FDE STR on the before and it was solid as a rock. So back to the STR this time in black.

The scope so far seems great I haven't been able to shoot it yet since it's been so damn cold here lately. I will say it's a bit of a pig I am pretty sure it tips the scales at right around 2 pounds, but it's centered weight so it's not to bad. I was originally going to go with something from the viper pst line with a bit more zoom, but I found this RAZR for a good price and jumped on it. I can say the glass on this scope is pretty impressive I am excited to get a couple rounds through it and see how it performs. I am hoping to take it out this week and get my sight in done so I can go take care of some yotes now that deer season is wrapping up.
    Last edited by lemony; 12-29-14 at 19:35.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks good

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Stupid question, what is "B5" I keep seeing that mentioned here. I have a stock that looks just like that, my husband is giving to me to use on my first build but I don't see anything about b5 on it? really nice by the way. I LOVE that color.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MPchinadoll View Post
    Stupid question, what is "B5" I keep seeing that mentioned here. I have a stock that looks just like that, my husband is giving to me to use on my first build but I don't see anything about b5 on it? really nice by the way. I LOVE that color.
    http://www.b5systems.com/products.html

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How are you enjoying it so far??
    Quote Originally Posted by bsoileau24 View Post