Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Changes to New Noveske Gen III Rifles

Feedback Score
    Spoke to Noveske this morning. They said the wear on the buffer is normal. But that the bolt/BCG does appear to have a possible bur. Shipping back the upper for them to take a look and possibly replace bolt/BCG and check head space.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Not only does the car analogy not hold, but a Noveske is no better than a BCM.

Just because it looks cooler doesn't mean anything.

There is no esoteric engineering involved in the production of a Noveske.
    I'm with this guy. Their stainless barrels are highly regarded, but their chrome lined uppers and standard receivers are run of the mill stuff. I had a skinny MOE when they first came out and it was a very underwhelming rifle.

I have found Colt and BCM to be at the top of the heap when it comes to a real usin' type of carbine.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Changes to New Noveske Gen III Rifles

Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Not only does the car analogy not hold, but a Noveske is no better than a BCM.

Just because it looks cooler doesn't mean anything.

There is no esoteric engineering involved in the production of a Noveske.
    Are we talking being better or are we talking about costing more? I don't believe that distinction is what I was making. The car analogy absolutely does stick. One costs 40k, the other costs 90k. Both go fast. So why? Engineering and build time.

And if anyone doesn't think significant engineering time went into the design of the Noveske products, you're kidding yourselves or don't know much about taking a new product from idea to product on shelf. It doesn't happen on its own and it sure as hell isn't cheap.

Is a bare CL Noveske any rifle any better than a BCM? Having owned both, I'd say no, or at least not so much that average joe would really appreciate it. But does it cost more to machine an upper and lower from a billet vs forging a lower? Yep, sure does.

I'm not going to get into a pissing match about which is better on this thread out of respect to the OP, so I will leave it at that.

Tapatalk'd
    Last edited by MikeDawg46L; 01-13-15 at 18:44.

Feedback Score
    Man i want one of those uppers!

Feedback Score
    UPDATE:

Noveske took a look at the upper. Test fired it and they said they weren't getting any gouging or case marks. Strange. Maybe it's the ammo I was using?

Either way, they did replace the bolt and head space it to the barrel. They are shipping out today. So I should have it back early next week.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I love my BCM rifles, the one I have been using is my go to weapon and runs its ass off, however if I was in the market for a new AR and funds were not an option between the two I would def go Noveske, although overall in the industry there are other Manufactures I'd prefer over one, (KAC) The small touches on the Noveske, rifling, finish, attention to detail ETC. equate to worth. I think you are in a win win situation with both. I think it's just a matter of what you like better or what your in the market for.

Op that's a beautiful weapon and I hope everything gets worked out for you. Please keep us updated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"It's Dangerous To Go Alone! Take This."

https://www.facebook.com/Blak1508
    Instagram Blak1508

Feedback Score
    Got the upper back today. Everything appears as it should. Won't be able to get to the range for a week or so. I'm out of town this weekend. Will report back when that happens.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Any updates?

Tapatalk'd

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDawg46L View Post
    Any updates?

Tapatalk'd
    Nope. I haven't had a chance to get to the range yet. Was out of town and things are busy with work right now. Might go this Saturday. Sunday is Superbowl.

Feedback Score
    Got my replacement ammo from Black Hills today. So I now have a new bolt and new ammo. Will try to hit the range this weekend to see what happens.

Also, Black Hills sent me a full 500-round case as replacement, even though I used up a couple hundred rounds. They paid shipping both ways too. So their customer service is great.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast