Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes to New Noveske Gen III Rifles

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    The scalloping isn't for weight reduction. It makes the rail *much* more comfortable to hold. A couple of my NSRs have pic rails on top that are like razor blades they're so sharp. Scalloping takes care of this. I'm sure Noveske added it to the upper receiver purely to match the way it looks on the NSR.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'm not a fan of those tensioning gizmos. I take them out/don't install them if I have a lower with that feature.

That's a nice looking gun though.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I like the new roll marks. They may be a little beyond subtle but they are not overboard. At least they are not factory paint-filled.

I currently have a gen 1 factory built 14.5" and a self-built 16" SS gen 2. I'd love to add one of the gen 3 models to the stable but don't see a need for another rifle in the near future as these two currently fill my needs.

They are beautiful rifles though.

Tapatalk'd

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VLODPG View Post
    Because the laser engraved "Noveske" on the right side of the upper is not enough to identify mfg?

IMO,As far as the tension screw, the lower receiver machining specifications can be a bit more liberal & any slop can be taken up with the screw.

In either case, I'm not a fan of the changes.
    Yes, with the tension screw, tolerances can be sloppier. The gap between the upper and lower on this rifle is much larger than my other one. The screw is a band-aid fix in my opinion and lets them get away with looser fitting receivers. Not a big deal at the end of the day—there is no wobble or rattle or anything (because of the screw). But it's weird to me Noveske would choose to do this. Easier to manufacture? Quicker? Less labor? I don't know. I doubt it was customer demand. Because with tight fitting receivers, there shouldn't be a need for a tensioning screw in the first place. But maybe over time and with wear on the mating surfaces, the receivers loosen up? Again, I'm just guessing. And I'm not complaining. I'm ok with it I guess. The rifle works.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FourT6and2 View Post
    Yes, with the tension screw, tolerances can be sloppier. The gap between the upper and lower on this rifle is much larger than my other one. The screw is a band-aid fix in my opinion and lets them get away with looser fitting receivers. Not a big deal at the end of the day—there is no wobble or rattle or anything (because of the screw). But it's weird to me Noveske would choose to do this. Easier to manufacture? Quicker? Less labor? I don't know. I doubt it was customer demand. Because with tight fitting receivers, there shouldn't be a need for a tensioning screw in the first place. But maybe over time and with wear on the mating surfaces, the receivers loosen up? Again, I'm just guessing. And I'm not complaining. I'm ok with it I guess. The rifle works.
    Most likely it is so the lower receiver can accept a wide variety of uppers rather than being custom fit to a single lower. With that, My Noveske MUR and Gen2 lower fit pretty snug when together, but require very little effort to disassemble. And they were both purchased separately as components. Maybe I just got lucky.
    Last edited by Onyx Z; 01-05-15 at 10:47.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Onyx Z View Post
    Most likely it is so the lower receiver can accept a wide variety of uppers rather than being custom fit to a single lower. With that, My Noveske MUR and Gen2 lower fit pretty snug when together, but require very little effort to disassemble.
    Makes sense. Just seems like a step backward in the fit/finish department to me. But if it works, it works.
    Last edited by FourT6and2; 01-05-15 at 10:49.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Pic links are broken for me.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Pic links are broken for me.
    Work for me... They aren't broken as far as I can tell.

Feedback Score
    I built a Gen I Afghan with a 13.5" NSR and I'm in the process of completing 2 other Gen II's.
    The first Gen II has an 11" NSR on an 8.5" barrel and a KX-5 burried in the hand guard. (Barrel on the way)
    The second Gen II is an 18" for 3 Gun and I've been looking for a 16.7" NSR for nearly a year without success.

Anybody know where I can pick up a 16.7" NSR?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Thump_rrr View Post
    I built a Gen I Afghan with a 13.5" NSR and I'm in the process of completing 2 other Gen II's.
    The first Gen II has an 11" NSR on an 8.5" barrel and a KX-5 burried in the hand guard. (Barrel on the way)
    The second Gen II is an 18" for 3 Gun and I've been looking for a 16.7" NSR for nearly a year without success.

Anybody know where I can pick up a 16.7" NSR?
    Go to Noveske's website. Click on the dealer link. Start at A, and work your way to Z. Give 'em all a call and ask if they have any in stock.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast