Thread: AZ shooters: Anyone taken "Adaptive Firearms Institute" courses?

Feedback Score

AZ shooters: Anyone taken "Adaptive Firearms Institute" courses?

I found their website while asking around the local area for carbine courses but can't seem to find any information that would vet their instructors. Their location and schedule seems convenient for me but I was wondering if anyone has taken any of their courses or can vet any of the instructors.

Their bios are here: http://www.adaptivefirearms.com/category-s/1822.htm
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty".
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"'Tis our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world"
    ~George Washington

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."
    ~Voltaire

Feedback Score
    Hello codename,

Came across this thread while doing a little research on AFI and am curious if you ever made it out to one of the classes (or if anyone else has since this thread was posted)?

Going to check some of our local shooting forums as well. Fortunately in AZ we have a lot of options, but I'm genuinely curious about this group.

Feedback Score
    avoid him
    he was outed on LF a few years back
    he claimed all kinds of service in class
    including nuke security recovery team wore a unit patch from a unit that was disbanded in the 70s
    claimed to be an armor for local agency little did he know the guy he was talking to in class was that depts armor
    he then tried to get a discount from ATEI and produced a federal firearms Inst id
    STEVE FISHER
    INSTRUCTOR
    Sentinel Concepts

Consultant for
    Trijicon
    midwest industries
    Nighthawk custom firearms

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    avoid him
    he was outed on LF a few years back
    he claimed all kinds of service in class
    including nuke security recovery team wore a unit patch from a unit that was disbanded in the 70s
    claimed to be an armor for local agency little did he know the guy he was talking to in class was that depts armor
    he then tried to get a discount from ATEI and produced a federal firearms Inst id
    I don't mean to necropost but I could not find the LF thread about him. Can someone confirm what Steve said?
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty".
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"'Tis our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world"
    ~George Washington

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."
    ~Voltaire

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I should think what Steve said, was enough. With that said I know who he is and he is 100% PHONY. Do not waste your time or money on this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Codename46 View Post
    I don't mean to necropost but I could not find the LF thread about him. Can someone confirm what Steve said?

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I should think what Steve said, was enough. With that said I know who he is and he is 100% PHONY. Do not waste your time or money on this guy.
    Iraqgunz, thank you for the post. Anyone in the Valley of the Sun you recommend? AZ-wide, Gunsite is the obvious, but some weekend training closer to home would be appreciated.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifting Fate View Post
    Iraqgunz, thank you for the post. Anyone in the Valley of the Sun you recommend? AZ-wide, Gunsite is the obvious, but some weekend training closer to home would be appreciated.
    Drifting Fate, sorry to interject. I would recommend Glen Stilson and Independance Training. I've taken two courses with Glen and his team. I highly recommend him. Glen is located in Peoria.
    Good luck
    Frank