Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SureFire Scout mounts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

SureFire Scout mounts

I searched, but could not find anything on stock, thumb screw Scout mounts. Do they work fine? Does it come loose, hard to adjust, etc?

I am sure they do, however, Amazon has M600U with a Surefire QD mount, but it is more money.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I've had 4 of them now and I've always put a bit of medium strength thread locker on the adjuster nut to keep it from backing off. Never had a problem.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBecker 72 View Post
    I've had 4 of them now and I've always put a bit of medium strength thread locker on the adjuster nut to keep it from backing off. Never had a problem.
    This. Blue locktite works great. Never had one come off. And with a little force you can still remove it, if QD is what you are after. If you plan on not moving it, I would suggest one of the many direct attach mounts as they are very low profile and several options available from many many manufactures.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I do not like either the knob mount or the SF QD mount.
    The QD version only works with its mount (no aftermarket), so if you want to put the light at a more useful position, it is more difficult to do.
    Get the knobbed version of the light and a decent aftermarket mount and you will be significantly happier.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quick aside. Does anyone produce a aftermarket scout mount that retains the factory mount position in relation to the rail? Ala gear sector but not offset?

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Quick aside. Does anyone produce a aftermarket scout mount that retains the factory mount position in relation to the rail? Ala gear sector but not offset?
    I think that Larue makes (or made) one.
    If I had to integrate the light with a PEQ/DBAL I'd just Loc-tite the bejeesus out of it and let it be.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    I think that Larue makes (or made) one.
    If I had to integrate the light with a PEQ/DBAL I'd just Loc-tite the bejeesus out of it and let it be.
    Much obliged. I'll look into that. I'm early on in my foray into the NV stuff so I'm trying to think my way through things first as much as I can. The whole switchology and integration stuff has me scratching my head lol. Not that its complex just that without having it all in front of and what not.
    Last edited by jpmuscle; 01-07-15 at 16:08.

Feedback Score
    I've never had mine come loose but then again I don't really leave it on there permanently because I have to remove it in order to place it into my Pelican case.
    If I was leaving on there on a semi-permanent basis I guess a little Loctite would give me a bit of added insurance.

15033986944_7e3b8c23ba_n.jpg
    Last edited by ex95B10; 01-07-15 at 16:32.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Much obliged. I'll look into that. I'm early on in my foray into the NV stuff so I'm trying to think my way through things first as much as I can. The whole switchology and integration stuff has me scratching my head lol. Not that its complex just that without having it all in front of and what not.
    Just a note on IR lasers and light integration:
    In my former job, IR lasers were just as important to me as my white light.
    Before I was saddled with the abortion that is the PEQ16 (integrated POS light), I would generally put the PEQ on either the 9:00 or 3:00 rail and put the light on the opposite side at 11:30 or 1:30.
    Tape switch for the PEQ, thumb for the light, unless the light was at 1:30, in which case I would put the PEQ tape at 12:00 and the light tape at 9:00.

ETA:
    I prefer a 12:00 mount for the PEQ, but hate 3:00 and 9:00 (or below) mounting of lights. Usable, and nothing against those that use 3 or 9 position of white light, it was simply not my preference. I have, in certain configurations, opted to partially block my IR flood with the body of the scout light at 11:30 by moving the PEQ rearward, behind the light. This is, to me, sub-optimal, even with IR filters on the white light.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Just a note on IR lasers and light integration:
    In my former job, IR lasers were just as important to me as my white light.
    Before I was saddled with the abortion that is the PEQ16 (integrated POS light), I would generally put the PEQ on either the 9:00 or 3:00 rail and put the light on the opposite side at 11:30 or 1:30.
    Tape switch for the PEQ, thumb for the light, unless the light was at 1:30, in which case I would put the PEQ tape at 12:00 and the light tape at 9:00.

ETA:
    I prefer a 12:00 mount for the PEQ, but hate 3:00 and 9:00 (or below) mounting of lights. Usable, and nothing against those that use 3 or 9 position of white light, it was simply not my preference. I have, in certain configurations, opted to partially block my IR flood with the body of the scout light at 11:30 by moving the PEQ rearward, behind the light. This is, to me, sub-optimal, even with IR filters on the white light.
    Understood. At present I'm leaning towards the ATPIAL-C at 12:00 and trying to work a 300b in around 10:00 or so. I'm trying to avoid and tape switches if at all possible. Maintaining both white light and IR capability I feel is important for my needs.

Stupid mk18 money pit....
    Last edited by jpmuscle; 01-07-15 at 21:42.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast