Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SureFire Scout mounts

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I just picked up some strike industries Jellyfish rmr covers...I'm wondering if anyone offers such a thing to go on the ends of these surefire lights. Would be a great addition that would provide protection and be easily flipped off (obviously tethered or hinged) when needed...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Hmmm...thinking now.

Might try to cut the finger off of a clear nitrile glove and "roll it on" as a quick easy and disposable cover...lol

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bighawk View Post
    I put a very light coat of vaseline or lube on the lens before I go shooting or before a class and it wipes right off no hassle.

Only figured that out because I ran about 500 rounds in a class before showing up for the night portion only to notice my lens was caked and could barley see with the light..
    I'll have to give that a try, because I'm tired of using an eraser to clean the lens as was suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by GO_ALLOUT View Post
    I just picked up some strike industries Jellyfish rmr covers...I'm wondering if anyone offers such a thing to go on the ends of these surefire lights. Would be a great addition that would provide protection and be easily flipped off (obviously tethered or hinged) when needed...
    Surefire used to make a flip up lens for their older lights but I haven't seen any for the newer (more powerful) lights.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Even if it was just for use while at range etc to limit the amount of cleaning and protect the lense a bit...hell, everything else I own with a lense has some sort of cap, guard, or protection

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    I used to use a thin film of lip balm on my lights to keep carbon build up down. Now I use Fireclean. It seems to do a better job of preventing any carbon/powder from adhering to the lens. Anything that does comes off easily when you reapply a fresh film.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    [QUOTE=ex95B10;2058843]I'll have to give that a try, because I'm tired of using an eraser to clean the lens as was suggested.

I also feel like I should say I dont know if this causes any damage to anything on the light however I have not experienced any yet after about 2 years

I do this on all my weapon lights I have, most of which are surefire.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    As said above, a thin layer of FireClean does a great job of preventing carbon accumulation and after extended firing the carbon will wipe off with a finger.
    I previously used petroleum jelly, chapstick, CatCrap, CLP, and FrogLube. Of those, the FL did the best.

I primarily use a MAMS equipped SR-25, with the light positioned just behind the muzzle device (far enough back to mount a suppressor), so they get pretty nasty if preventative maintenance is not applied.

I do not like a cover on lights, as they tend to be forgotten about and left on when needed most.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bighawk View Post
    I also feel like I should say I dont know if this causes any damage to anything on the light however I have not experienced any yet after about 2 years

I do this on all my weapon lights I have, most of which are surefire.
    The eraser suggestion actually comes directly from the Surefire website.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surefire
    Remove the deposits using a clean, dry pencil eraser, rubbing in a circular motion.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ex95B10 View Post
    The eraser suggestion actually comes directly from the Surefire website.
    I was talking about using lube or chapstick on the lens doing damage..

Feedback Score
    Here's an interesting light mount found on the AXTS Facebook page.

Sent from my iPhone 4s and posted via Tapatalk.
    RANGE TIME on Facebook
    RANGE TIME on Instagram
    RANGE TIME on Twitter
    NRA Life Member/RSO

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast