Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: SureFire Scout mounts

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Are there any quick detach mount options for the Surefire M600 and M300 series Scout lights?

The only quick release mounts I know of are the integral ones found on the M620 series. I am sure it's nice, but am looking for options, as well as possibly saving a few bucks.

I like to be able to move my light between guns, and would like to be able to do so without unscrewing and screwing each time. I have a Vltor QD Light Mount (confusingly, it has "Scout" in the product name) to attach 1" handhelds for use as weaponlights.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    Are there any quick detach mount options for the Surefire M600 and M300 series Scout lights?

The only quick release mounts I know of are the integral ones found on the M620 series. I am sure it's nice, but am looking for options, as well as possibly saving a few bucks.

I like to be able to move my light between guns, and would like to be able to do so without unscrewing and screwing each time. I have a Vltor QD Light Mount (confusingly, it has "Scout" in the product name) to attach 1" handhelds for use as weaponlights.
    Larue makes a QD mount for a standard Scout light to attach to a rail. Has both standard and offset models. I want to say it was mentioned earlier but haven't been following the thread that closely. Not sure if there are other QD mounts out there. The Larue ain't cheap though, however, you can find them used for pretty reasonable if you are patient. Just picked up one recently for $50.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Larue makes a QD mount for a standard Scout light to attach to a rail. Has both standard and offset models. I want to say it was mentioned earlier but haven't been following the thread that closely. Not sure if there are other QD mounts out there. The Larue ain't cheap though, however, you can find them used for pretty reasonable if you are patient. Just picked up one recently for $50.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    http://www.laruetactical.com/larue-t...t-offset-mount

This thing. Ah ok, that's what I was thinking of, except of course for the price.
    Thanks for the info.

I also found this, a QD mount by ADM for the Surefire M600 and M300. A bit less expensive, although not offset. I have several ADM QD mounts and if they made an offset version of this, I'd be all over it.

Feedback Score
    Another mount that isn't QD but is stupidly durable is the M7 from Badger Ordnance. It was made specifically to get a scout up from the 9 o'clock rail but out of the way of an MFAL's beam.

I ran it for a while until I moved on to something a bit more low profile as I didn't need the clearance from a laser. It's still sitting in my parts box and needs a home, if you're interested.

Ek

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thanks for the info. The Badger Ordnance mount looks solid but I am trying to stick to QD if possible, and something a little slimmer in profile. Guns bulk up real quick once you start adding a little here and a little there.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    If QD is what you want, I'd go with Larue and keep an eye out for a used one. Been really happy with Larue products...very hi quality and durable!

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Thanks for the info. The Badger Ordnance mount looks solid but I am trying to stick to QD if possible, and something a little slimmer in profile. Guns bulk up real quick once you start adding a little here and a little there.
    QD on a light is not a check in the "pro" column.
    QD adds weight, adds a snag point, and exponentially increases the probability of the light falling off the gun when it's supposed to be on the gun.
    The only reason that QD is wanted on optics is to rapidly ditch the optic so that back-up sights can be used in the event that the user cannot sight through the tube of the primary optic. Not needed or wanted on ancillary devices.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    QD on a light is not a check in the "pro" column.
    QD adds weight, adds a snag point, and exponentially increases the probability of the light falling off the gun when it's supposed to be on the gun.
    The only reason that QD is wanted on optics is to rapidly ditch the optic so that back-up sights can be used in the event that the user cannot sight through the tube of the primary optic. Not needed or wanted on ancillary devices.
    Ehh, for a user that wants to transition one accessory setup to another similar or identical rifle, it would mean a bit more budget freed up to run one higher quality flashlight setup at a weight/cost penalty on the mount... so there's a case for their existence, but they really shouldn't be a go-to solution for more than 5% of users.

Anything beyond that (and for all my uses) non-QD for simplicity and lightweight is preferable. The only non-optic QD I still run is for DBAL devices, and that's because they come with one and I like being able to remove/move it, but every weaponlight I have is functionally a fixed item for all of those reasons listed, because a defensive firearm without a light is a tool in need of a tertiary light to be useful half more than a fraction of the time. In the case of Scout mounts, there's basically no reason to run a QD mount. I'd still argue you'd be money ahead running a VTAC L4 in an IWC/GearSector/03DG/VLTOR mount of your choosing, and if you need a second setup you're STILL under the cost of that getting the Scout package and then throwing away half of what's good about it.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    Ehh, for a user that wants to transition one accessory setup to another similar or identical rifle, it would mean a bit more budget freed up to run one higher quality flashlight setup at a weight/cost penalty on the mount... so there's a case for their existence, but they really shouldn't be a go-to solution for more than 5% of users.
    The hard mounted options generally only require a screwdriver or hex to attach/detach.
    The SF mount benefits from sealant mostly because of how large it is with little thread engagement, making it easy to break loose from low torque.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast