Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Return of the Beretta 92G-SD.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by w3453l View Post
    Sorry to side track, but what exactly is different about the Vertec slide? I thought the Vertec only differed in the frame/grip area with the upper slide assembly being the same as other 92?

I know the difference with the Brigadier slide; I just did not know there was something specifically different about the Vertec slide.
    I have asked this same question with no response. I think the vertec slide allows dovetailed front sight and is flatter on top, but I don't know if there is any other difference.
    Last edited by brushy bill; 01-23-15 at 22:48.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Vertec slide has dovetailed front sight and may be slightly heavier (negligible?) than the regular slide, but lighter than a Brig slide. Many would like the dovetailed front sight without the extra mass of the Brigadier. Also, you may need a specific slide stop for the wider Brig slide, making the Vertec slide a little more user friendly if you want to swap uppers with a regular 92FS or M9.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    There is 0.6 to 0.9 oz difference between Brig and Vertec slides, depending on sources. Mine are 0.6. Bill Wilson reported almost one ounce between Vertec and Brig Tac.
    Vertec fits in FS holsters, Brig doesn't.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    They need to slim their entire full-size lineup down to three models:

1. M9/92 with M9A3/Vertec slide. (standard grip, no rail, dovetail sights)
    2. M9A1 with M9A3/Vertec slide. (standard grip, rail, dovetail sights)
    3. M9A3. (Vertec Grip, rail, dovetail sights).

With the M9A3 slide, you get FS/G conversion ability. With the new grip adapters, you could really even delete #2 above and go to two models. Produce the heck out of these, and get some economy of scale, while freeing up manufacturing capacity for Centurion and compact versions of 1 & 3.
    Number one needs EII frame. (this way you get checkered grip, beveled mag well in a non railed frame)

I used to prefer the Brig slide, was not sure why EL preferred the Vertec. Then I realized his genius. Fits in same holsters as regular slides.

All of the three options need to be able to be converted to G.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    Number one needs EII frame. (this way you get checkered grip, beveled mag well in a non railed frame)
    Good idea. I forgot about that. Or we could go a step farther and ask for a non-railed M9A3 frame.

I used to prefer the Brig slide, was not sure why EL preferred the Vertec. Then I realized his genius. Fits in same holsters as regular slides.
    My thinking as well. Lots more legacy holsters available and only marginally less durable than the Brigadier slide.

All of the three options need to be able to be converted to G.
    M9A3 Vertec slide has that capability inherently.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post

Ernest prefers the Vertec because of a lighter slide.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Ernest prefers the Vertec because of a lighter slide.
    I thought they were a fraction of an ounce heavier than a regular slide, but worth it in comparison for easy to change front sight.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Good idea. I forgot about that. Or we could go a step farther and ask for a non-railed M9A3 frame.

My thinking as well. Lots more legacy holsters available and only marginally less durable than the Brigadier slide.

M9A3 Vertec slide has that capability inherently.
    Exactly. I think all their slides should incorporate that modification.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I am glad that Beretta hasn't talked about a 96G-SD, which keeps mine relatively rare. Of course, thanks to the lack of holsters available for the G-SD with a light mounted, mine is relegated to nightstand duty only.

That being said, I would snatch up a model with a Vertec G slide, an M9A1 frame, and a full-length barrel the second it was announced for sale. I haul around a 92G for carry sometimes, but it is crying out for night sights and a light.
    Disclaimer: I work for Suarez International as a customer service representative.

Feedback Score
    Kind of a necropost, but I purchased one off Gunbroker for $1029. Should be here Friday. Once I get it, I'll see what plastic parts they put on it and get replacements from Wilson.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678