Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Return of the Beretta 92G-SD.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    TAKE MY MONEY!!!

TAKE IT!!!

TAKE IT ALL!!!!!

Finally, a Beretta I'll actually want to buy and use.
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum.
    If you want peace, prepare for War.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBecker 72 View Post
    I'll dump it on an unsuspecting friend for $500 most likely.
    Not too bad really. $500 used when they are running about what$600 or there abouts new?

Speaking of price, any clue on the price of the 92G-SD? Also, just skimmed the thread, any clue if this going to be a limited run or a regular item for them now? I have been wanting another Beretta to take over general duty one belt and house gun and would like two so would be nice to know if I need to sell someone's kidney now or if I will have time to save up properly.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brushy bill View Post
    Bought the non-Wilson / non-Inox Brigadier. Will probably buy one of these too. I don't want a standard M9/92 Beretta, but the Brigadier slide reassures me the slide isn't going to break.
    You know how many slides broke before the GAO/Beretta addressed the issue? Fourteen. Only three of those were in the field, the other 11 were in a lab where they fired pistols until the slide broke, specifically trying to induce the failure. The slide breaking thing is overstated.

http://gao.gov/assets/220/210461.pdf

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    I'll sell some 45 ammo and a Glock 19, throw in some cash and buy two of these. Just like I bought two of the 92Gs when they came out a couple of months ago.

I like this better than the frilly Wilson 92.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by legumeofterror View Post
    You know how many slides broke before the GAO/Beretta addressed the issue? Fourteen. Only three of those were in the field, the other 11 were in a lab where they fired pistols until the slide broke, specifically trying to induce the failure. The slide breaking thing is overstated.

http://gao.gov/assets/220/210461.pdf
    They "addressed" it by making sure the slide didn't strike you in the putz if/when it broke. They did not keep it from breaking in the first place however. I didn't read the entire report, but if you are stopping the count at 14, I promise there were additional slides that cracked after this report was published.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brushy bill View Post
    They "addressed" it by making sure the slide didn't strike you in the putz if/when it broke. They did not keep it from breaking in the first place however. I didn't read the entire report, but if you are stopping the count at 14, I promise there were additional slides that cracked after this report was published.
    I think the point is that it's an extremely rare event that is pretty statistically insignificant.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jedi391 View Post
    I think the point is that it's an extremely rare event that is pretty statistically insignificant.
    Everything has a service life and everything breaks... I broke a Glock slide and then sheered the lug off of the bottom of a Glock barrel. I still have a bunch of Glocks. I have a Wilson Brigadier Tactical and its a beefy pistol. Can't imagine I'll be able to afford enough 9mm ammo to get that thing to break.

D
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KTR03 View Post
    Everything has a service life and everything breaks... I broke a Glock slide and then sheered the lug off of the bottom of a Glock barrel. I still have a bunch of Glocks. I have a Wilson Brigadier Tactical and its a beefy pistol. Can't imagine I'll be able to afford enough 9mm ammo to get that thing to break.

D
    Can't imagine you'll be able to afford enough 9mm ammo to get a standard 92 slide to break either.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    Nice!
    I am happy to see Beretta has removed head from ass and brought back/start to produce, gun people have been wanting. Now I am in a quandary though. Which one to get?
    I met with a Beretta rep today. It sounds like they are planning on bringing back the Elite, Brigadier, and obviously the SD.
    Last edited by dookie1481; 01-09-15 at 21:44.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer."
    — Frank Zappa

If the gun goes dry I use my knife. If the knife breaks off I use my teeth. I have only one rule - Start one job and see it through - The universe will have to offer someone else the leftovers. Multi tasking doesn't work in business or in gunfighting.
    - Michael de Bethencourt

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    Not too bad really. $500 used when they are running about what$600 or there abouts new?

Speaking of price, any clue on the price of the 92G-SD? Also, just skimmed the thread, any clue if this going to be a limited run or a regular item for them now? I have been wanting another Beretta to take over general duty one belt and house gun and would like two so would be nice to know if I need to sell someone's kidney now or if I will have time to save up properly.
    Limited run. Quantity unknown.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer."
    — Frank Zappa

If the gun goes dry I use my knife. If the knife breaks off I use my teeth. I have only one rule - Start one job and see it through - The universe will have to offer someone else the leftovers. Multi tasking doesn't work in business or in gunfighting.
    - Michael de Bethencourt

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast