Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Upper ?

Feedback Score

Which Upper ?

I'm fixin to purchase a new 300 BLK 9" upper for my SIG M400 pistol. I plan to put a can on when I get a stamp. I've done some research, and narrowed it down to these two.

http://shop.sigsauerguns.com/Accesso...nt-100884.html
    -300-blackout-9-in-elite-semi-black.html[/url]

http://store.sigsauer.com/sigm400-up...emi-black.html

I'm still open to any others, being newish to ARs, and was lookin for opinions or suggestions, maybe experience from any that may own, or have used either.

I read that the AAC runs subsonic without a suppressor. Was also wondering if this is true, and if the SIG would as well.

Any input is appreciated.
    Last edited by svh; 01-28-15 at 18:09. Reason: Replace links

Feedback Score
    Nobody has an opinion ?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Neither of your links work.
    Go in peace, but be prepared for violence.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I am a fan of the AAC uppers with the KAC rail. Runs everything I throw at it even wonky handloads.

As DWood said "Neither of your links work."

Feedback Score
    Sorry about the links, these should work. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    At this point I think the sig is an unknown quantity and I would go with the 9" aac. You can get it for far cheaper than the price they have listed. Last I saw grab a gun had them for $875

Feedback Score
    I'll second themonk. I have the 9" ACC upper. Well over 1k rounds through it of all sorts of stuff... even weird home-brews. It eats everything without a problem. Mine is also extremely accurate - sample size of one - but it'll shoot MOA or better assuming the specific ammo can shoot that well.

I know nothing of the Sig... but I know the AAC's gas port and bolt carrier cam path are optimized for 300blk. They say upper is setup to run everything from 110gr up to 220gr, either suppressed or not, and cycle properly. I've shot everything in that range and can say that mine does exactly that.

And he's also right that you should shop it out. I've seen the 12" version for around $600. I know for sure that you can get into the 9" upper for under $900 to your door.

Not trying to sell you... just telling you what I know. If you end up with the sig, let us know what you think about it.

Feedback Score
    I went with the AAC, $865.00 to my door. Should be here in a matter of days, along with 600 rounds of ammo from various manufactures, supers and subs, 110gn, 125gn, 147gn, and 208gn. My new Omega can won't be here till June or July.

Thanks for the replies and a "nudge" in the right direction.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by svh View Post
    I went with the AAC, $865.00 to my door. Should be here in a matter of days, along with 600 rounds of ammo from various manufactures, supers and subs, 110gn, 125gn, 147gn, and 208gn. My new Omega can won't be here till June or July.

Thanks for the replies and a "nudge" in the right direction.
    Where did you get yours from, if I may ask?

Feedback Score
    I got it from a member of a 300blackout site. $850.00 + shipping. He just posted some more for sale. If I were you I would act fast.

http://www.300blktalk.com/forum/view...?f=179&t=93409

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast