Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: ALG officially announces 6-second mount for Glock pistols

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I have both and can tell the difference, it is minute but there is definitely a difference.
    I can visually tell if they're side-by-side, but I've never been shooting at extended ranges and thought "crap, this must be the 4 MOA model!", or vice versa for up close.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inebriated View Post
    I can visually tell if they're side-by-side, but I've never been shooting at extended ranges and thought "crap, this must be the 4 MOA model!", or vice versa for up close.
    OK, I'm picking up what you're putting down.

I have my 2 MOA in my AR's receiver and my 4 MOA on my AK with a Ultimak. I find I prefer that setup with the 2 MOA closer to my eyes and 4 MOA further away. I figure the 6-second will place the Aimpoint about midway between my AR and AK setup but with intended engagement distances much closer than the rifles so I am leaning toward the 4 MOA but I'm not sure since I don't have one yet.

Feedback Score
    A while back when I was researching pistol (slide) mounted optics, I noticed most folks went with larger dots (3.25, 4, 7 MOA). The reasons listed by people who have done this included the difficulty in locating the dot sometimes. A handgun floats out in front of your face, and there are times when it can be slow to find the dot. On long guns that is rarely an issue because you are getting the benefit of a cheekweld and planting the stock in your shoulder makes it more consistent.

Knowing this - I went with the 4MOA dot T-1 on my 6SM. If I was shopping for an RMR, I'd have to find a couple to try out before giving over my credit card number. While I tend to agree with their experience and research, I don't know that a 7MOA RMR is going to look right to me. If I try an RMR with a 3.25 dot I can at least move it to a long gun if I find it doesn't work well on the pistol.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apec View Post
    Just my speculation, but I think future versions could possibly accommodate a rear sight, granted such a sight would be proprietary. They just need to extend the mount further to the rear and leave space for a low profile rear sight that will properly line up with a suppressor/tall front.
    There are only a couple ways for this to accommodate slide mounted iron sights. Make super tall sights (and the rear would either have to be removed, or I guess folding (can you imagine folding sights on a Glock? ), or make the mount very very high.

Have a look

You could do something like this, and have the irons built right into the mount (pictured is a yet to be released Raven Concealment mount)

Dave Merrill
    Terrible Technical Writer. Awful Photographer. Lazy Instructor. Kind of a dick.
    Loves Tacos.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I think what he is talking about is a design modification to the mount itself to include an integral rear sight.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I think what he is talking about is a design modification to the mount itself to include an integral rear sight.
    Well in that case it would still take a massively tall front sight. Having them on the mount itself would be viable (though like not adjustable and with an extremely short sight radius).

In addition to the Raven pre-production above, Dueck Defense just did this with an RMR mount
    https://dueckdefense.com/shop/firear...up-sight-base/
    Dave Merrill
    Terrible Technical Writer. Awful Photographer. Lazy Instructor. Kind of a dick.
    Loves Tacos.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    OK, I'm picking up what you're putting down.

I have my 2 MOA in my AR's receiver and my 4 MOA on my AK with a Ultimak. I find I prefer that setup with the 2 MOA closer to my eyes and 4 MOA further away. I figure the 6-second will place the Aimpoint about midway between my AR and AK setup but with intended engagement distances much closer than the rifles so I am leaning toward the 4 MOA but I'm not sure since I don't have one yet.
    Heh, I'm doing the exact same thing... A 2 MOA on an AR, and a couple 4 MOA's on Ultimaks.

The ALG should put the dot just an inch or two ahead of where the Ultimak places it. At least, it would for me, just from looking at where it should end up when I'm extended with a Glock, and where the Ultimak puts it.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inebriated View Post
    Heh, I'm doing the exact same thing... A 2 MOA on an AR, and a couple 4 MOA's on Ultimaks.

The ALG should put the dot just an inch or two ahead of where the Ultimak places it. At least, it would for me, just from looking at where it should end up when I'm extended with a Glock, and where the Ultimak puts it.
    Yeah I just check it out too, with a squared stance the AK will put out a little further than the Glock but with a bladed stance the Glock is out a little further for me.

Feedback Score
    Received one of the holsters I ordered for the 6SM and G17L. It's from Advanced Holster and I'm pleased so far. Fit and finish is great and it has solid lock up of the weapon. I can't give it a full shakedown until I get the Safariland QLS fork/plate system.

http://www.advancedholster.com

Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Open class gone tactical?

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast