Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: ALG officially announces 6-second mount for Glock pistols

Feedback Score
    As I understand it, this system was made for a very particular use case for a very special unit. ALG/Geissele Automatics is offering this to the public. You can buy it or not. For the civilian user, this system may never have a use outside of home defense. It is not advertised as a carry gun. Is it practical for all purposes? No. If the proverbial SHTF, must I concern myself with the missing rear sight if it is not going to be my weapon of choice in such an event? No.

I'm just ignorantly happy that ALG is offering this to the public. If this was H&K, Shot Show pictures are as close as you'd ever get to one. Okay that's an exaggeration but you get the point....we have the choice.

BTW, I emailed ALG last night, they confirmed it will work with a Gen4 G17.
    Last edited by luckydube56; 02-11-15 at 02:35.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydube56 View Post
    BTW, I emailed ALG last night, they confirmed it will work with a Gen4 G17.
    That's good news, but I was thinking about holding out for a civilian MP7

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    They must be shipping with a separate gen4 pin or maybe they give you the option at checkout--evidently the trigger pin was the only difference between the gen3 and 4.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by evi1joe View Post
    They must be shipping with a separate gen4 pin or maybe they give you the option at checkout--evidently the trigger pin was the only difference between the gen3 and 4.
    The only different pin in the Gen4 vs the Gen1-3 is the trigger housing pin(s). Trigger pin is the same until you're talking about G36, G42, and G43 parts of course.
    Last edited by mayonaise; 04-07-15 at 11:44.
    I'm a lead farmer motherf**ker! - Kurt Lazarus

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    So I got one of these as I had money to burn, a spare T1 and a G35 with tons of ammo lying around...after poo pooing the initial release, and wondering how you'd put one of these giant set ups into play, I called the guys who know (Yeti) and worked myself into one.

I like it...a lot...I have other RMR'd guns (both Atom slides, one on a full size G17 and one on a chopped G17) and shoot the piss out of them, and am a firm believer in RDS on pistols. When the stars aligned and boxes of awesome arrived at the house, I got it all together and zeroed at 25, confirmed at 50 and just for shits and giggles, whacked some steel at 100, which is a truggle with irons for me. This gun, the G35 in particular, with some 165 gr. plus P amkes it a walk in the park.

Coupled with the Off the Grid holster and a Safariland fork, I can drop this on my gunbelt like any other Safariland holster and get to work.

While just a regular GPF guy that likes to shoot a lot, I can see this blaster as my new go to gun for training in the house, those 40 meter shots I used to struggle with are a thing of the past...sometimes the hardware does help the software solution.

11.jpg12.jpg13.jpg

Feedback Score
    Haven't shot it yet as I just got it this evening. Balance feels a little nose heavy but good. Took a 4MOA T-1 off a rifle. Looking forward to a range session.

Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Haven't shot it yet as I just got it this evening. Balance feels a little nose heavy but good. Took a 4MOA T-1 off a rifle. Looking forward to a range session.
    Balancing more towards the front helps the muzzle remain level during recoil. I like it.
    Dave Merrill
    Terrible Technical Writer. Awful Photographer. Lazy Instructor. Kind of a dick.
    Loves Tacos.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_M View Post
    Balancing more towards the front helps the muzzle remain level during recoil. I like it.
    Agreed. But the 17L already shot like a dream with just the X300. Hoping that balance isn't upset.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Agreed. But the 17L already shot like a dream with just the X300. Hoping that balance isn't upset.
    Yeah I can't speak for the 17L. Currently using it with a 17 slide (though I really would love another G34 to put it on).
    Dave Merrill
    Terrible Technical Writer. Awful Photographer. Lazy Instructor. Kind of a dick.
    Loves Tacos.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps5724adca.jpg
    Do you have a comp'd barrel on that gun? If not, why the blast deflector?

Looks about like my perfect nightstand Glock, though.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast