Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is Surefire the only game in town for IR + White light output?

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=Benito;2062380]OK, so the summary of my research into IR light + Visible light options, it looks like we have the following:[

Insight WMX200
    The mount options are either fixed or "rotational", which is like an adjustable offset. Neat idea, as it will get the light as close as possible to our handguard, but I have no idea if it is going to flop around or break off in the long term. Information is hard to come by. You would think/hope that L3 has some method of locking the rotation itself, in addition to locking the base onto the rail.
    http://www.insighttechnology.com/l3-...bl-iii-wmx-200

Rotational mount pictures:

Apparently the rotational mount does not lock. It's just friction-based. Hmmm, not sure how I feel about that.
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/5...=6433131&qte=1

My excuses for my necroposting
    But il try to understand the purpose of the rotational mount of the WMX200 , i did already some searching and reading, on the web, and i ended up here in this thread.

Summarized it appears; This rotational mount is not really popular, because it wont keep its setting when "hard used"
    The idea after the concept is to adjust the WMX200 beam, in such a way it dont interfere with the other laser and IR beams right ?
    but due to the design this isn't easy.
    In the beginning my first thought was, that it was developed to rotate the light
    in such a position that the tail button could be reached with the thumb

Did i make the right conclusions ?

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Insight doesn't make either of those lights anymore. If you find one, buy it, as they are solid lights.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    Insight doesn't make either of those lights anymore. If you find one, buy it, as they are solid lights.
    Just be careful about overpaying for it-- these Insight lights are hot property to clone builders and they'll pay a pretty penny for one.
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bad aim View Post
    Just be careful about overpaying for it-- these Insight lights are hot property to clone builders and they'll pay a pretty penny for one.
    That sounds also obvious yes thx
    But i was also wandering what was the "master-idea" for the hinge design

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aac View Post
    That sounds also obvious yes thx
    But i was also wandering what was the "master-idea" for the hinge design
    From the marketing material I read, it "allows the user to adjust the position of the light closer to the weapon barrel for increased clearance in tight operational environments."
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234