Thread: Steiner DBAL-A3 Class1/3R IR Laser (Green Visible)

Feedback Score

Steiner DBAL-A3 Class1/3R IR Laser (Green Visible)

Haven't seen anything about this on M4C, thought I'd share the news.

http://tnvc.com/shop/steiner-dbal-a3-class13r-ir-laser/

I'm quite excited by the visible override port; this could potentially significantly improve the switchology when switching between visible and IR. Essentially, one port always hits the visible laser, and with a Y-cable, the other end would just go to the visible light, so one pressure switch controls the visible light and laser at once; the other port operates off of whatever the selector switch has been placed is. I'm told that an aftermarket solution to integrate the DBAL-A3 with Surefire lights will be made available at SHOT, so that solves my primary misgiving about the unit, i.e. being locked into using the Steiner lights.

Compared to the APTIAL-C, the two main advantages I can see are the green visible laser (note that the full power A3 does not suffer from the limited operating temperature range like the green lasers of the past, so I suspect the class 1 A3 wouldn't either) and the adjustable flood on the IR illuminator. Also has an arguably superior mount, as it is QD rather than the APTIAL-C's thumbscrew, although the trade-off there is that is sits higher (wonder if it's still compatible with the Unity Tactical Fusion hub).

Best part is, it's a fair bit cheaper than the APTIAL-C if you get the unit in black, at least on TNVC (1240 USD vs 1300 USD; FDE is 50 USD more). TNVC estimates release in February or March.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Very neat, may replace my DBAL-D2 and shed some weight.
    Last edited by dangrullon87; 01-15-15 at 14:18.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dangrullon87 View Post
    replace my DBAL-D2

Replace Output (High/Low): <600mW/ <300mW to IR Illuminator Output: <4mW (High), <2mW (Low) ?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Im using the MK3 Battle light, 600mW (High), 150mW (Low) having the double high power flood illuminators is over kill. I could shed some weight 13oz - 8.5oz and save space (illum on D2 is huge) while still having a good flood.

The MK3 http://tnvc.com/shop/ldi-mk3-battle-light/

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I'm literally this close to to ordering one but I couldn't find any definitive info on the surefire light compatibility until this thread.

I'm pretty glad I didn't order ATPIAL-C when it was released. The adding of more tape switches with the A3 doesn't thrill me but I guess it is what it is. It'll be interesting to see just how long the Y adapter is.
    Last edited by jpmuscle; 01-17-15 at 03:25.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Guys just wait until you see what Unity Tactical has been cooking up for switches. It solves errything.
    "When the time for performance has arrived, the time for preparation had passed."
    -Thomas S. Monson

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mate View Post
    Guys just wait until you see what Unity Tactical has been cooking up for switches. It solves errything.
    This excites me immensely

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mate View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    This excites me immensely
    Switch video found here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-t...yt-cl=84359240