Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New SilencerCo Omega Suppressor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    204 (100%)

New SilencerCo Omega Suppressor

Just got the email with the newly announced Omega. Looks like it should be a top contender in the market based on the numbers. With the 2 mounting options included, and at $880 from SilencerShop this may be a decant can.
    http://www.silencerco.com/products/o...eid=a487e20447

Last edited by Jwknutson17; 08-28-17 at 12:28. Reason: Price..
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Support your local Deputy.

It is better to sweat in Training than Bleed in Battle.

www.usnst.org

Feedback Score
    A tad shorter and 6.7oz lighter than the Saker, still F/A rated.

Must have it, just to prove the DB rating.

Feedback Score
    This one is a little rough for me...looks like a great product. Unfortunately I have a Saker 7.62 in NFA jail and installed a bunch of saker mounts. Looks like this is better in all ways, and doesn't share compatibility with my saker mounts

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'd get it if it worked with Saker brakes

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    May be my next can. Agree with Jambi, db rating needs to be verified.

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    The only part I don't care for is the ASR mount. I think the trifecta is a better system. I like the surefire and Griffin/Thundbeast as well

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    They clarified via email with me that the blast baffle is stellite, the rest of the baffles are stainless and the tube is Ti. They say it should be just as durable as the Saker.

ETA: Here is their exact wording: "Titanium tube, Stellite blast baffle and fully welded steel core. It will be just and durable as our Saker series. "
    Last edited by dmd08; 01-13-15 at 14:42.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmd08 View Post
    They clarified via email with me that the blast baffle is stellite, the rest of the baffles are stainless and the tube is Ti. They say it should be just as durable as the Saker.

ETA: Here is their exact wording: "Titanium tube, Stellite blast baffle and fully welded steel core. It will be just and durable as our Saker series. "
    Huh? A stellite blast baffle with stainless baffles is as durable as a full stellite baffle core?

Edit: thanks for clearing that up with them. Now we know what is used where.
    Last edited by jerrysimons; 01-13-15 at 14:50.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    Huh? A stellite blast baffle with stainless baffles is as durable as a full stellite baffle core?

Edit: thanks for clearing that up with them. Now we know what is used where.
    It's clearly not as durable as the Saker, when the Saker is rated to much shorter barrel lengths. Not sure why SiCo would be saying that

I can't wait until Silencershop or another well known dealer actually gets a hands on review and can confirm all of these contradicting rumors Silencerco is throwing out here.

All of which is moot in my opinion if they never release a MAAD trifecta mount that their supposedly top tier can uses. Using a legacy mount or 2nd tier mount is stupid IMHO..... that may offend some ASR users, but if the ASR was soo great, then SiCo should have only used that on the Saker.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast