Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: New SilencerCo Omega Suppressor

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    Just dropped off a complete Trident booster, with 1/2-28 and M13 pistons, plus a 3-lug mount. He's going to work on duplicating all the pieces, as well as a fixed barrel spacer.

Also having him work on the adapter to use a MAAD mount with an Omega, similar to the product posted earlier. Probably SS & Ti versions.
    Waylon.

I'm in for a Omega MAAD adapter. SS, or Ti, I don't care.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    Waylon.

I'm in for a Omega MAAD adapter. SS, or Ti, I don't care.
    I checked with him today to ask if they'd be done in two weeks. There's a gun show on 12/12 that I'll work, so I'll have access to an Omega to verify fit since mine's still in jail. He said they should be done, so I'll let everybody know when I see one.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Got the Saker Trifecta mount in and screwed on the adapter by hand as much as I could go. I don't have a spanner wrench to fully torque it. As it stands, once screwed into the Omega tube, it'll add about 1.38". The mount with adapter is 7 oz total.

With the setup I plan on running, the Omega w/ 5.56 flat cap, Trifecta mount w/ adapter, the total weight should be roughly 18.15 oz based on what I have weighed myself and what I found provided in this post. Overall length should be around 7.63" or so.

I'm a weight weenie so I will be looking forward to a Ti adapter and even a Ti front cap should one ever be made to help drop some weight.

Last edited by 021411; 12-01-15 at 18:54.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 021411 View Post
    Got the Saker Trifecta mount in and screwed on the adapter by hand as much as I could go. I don't have a spanner wrench to fully torque it. As it stands, once screwed into the Omega tube, it'll add about 1.38". The mount with adapter is 7 oz total.

With the setup I plan on running, the Omega w/ 5.56 flat cap, Trifecta mount w/ adapter, the total weight should be roughly 18.15 oz based on what I have weighed myself and what I found provided in this post. Overall length should be around 7.63" or so.

I'm a weight weenie so I will be looking forward to a Ti adapter and even a Ti front cap should one ever be made to help drop some weight.

That's sexy.

I'm really hoping Waylon's machinist can make some more.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Looks good. I talked to my guy sometime in the last couple days, and asked for an estimate. There's a gun show on the 12th that I'm working and will have access to an Omega to test fit it. I asked him if he thought he could have it done by the 11th and he said he could. So, we'll see...but should know in a week and a half or so.

Probably be SS and Ti options, but they'll be unfinished. I'll post pics and prices as soon as I have more info.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    You think he can turn out a Ti flat cap as well? If he needs one to measure I can send you mine to measure up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 021411 View Post
    You think he can turn out a Ti flat cap as well? If he needs one to measure I can send you mine to measure up.
    Don't see why not. I'll probably get one for 5.56 and 7.62 from him so mine will be Ti on each end.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not sure if you guys saw my earlier post, but there is a revision to the ASR mount for the omega that you may want to incorporate into the MAAD mount. The old Omega ASR mount is prone to carbon sticking, and the can body will unscrew when you try to use the QD feature.

here is a link: http://s73.photobucket.com/user/davi...olwja.jpg.html

My mount was getting stuck until I sent in for this new module.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My trifecta mount and brake just came in fresh from SiCo so one would hope they are up to date if they did get revised. I wish I could tell what version ASR my Omega has but it's sitting in NFA jail as well.
    I guess it would depend on the third party adapter too.
    Last edited by 021411; 12-01-15 at 21:49.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotx1 View Post
    Not sure if you guys saw my earlier post, but there is a revision to the ASR mount for the omega that you may want to incorporate into the MAAD mount. The old Omega ASR mount is prone to carbon sticking, and the can body will unscrew when you try to use the QD feature.

here is a link: http://s73.photobucket.com/user/davi...olwja.jpg.html

My mount was getting stuck until I sent in for this new module.
    If you're talking about the Saker/Omega adapter, I think the adapter itself will add the extra length that I'm seeing on the pic you posted.

Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast