Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: New SilencerCo Omega Suppressor

Feedback Score
    Finally got to shoot it today. I will have a couple more videos with 120gr and 150gr supersonics.
    This is 220gr sig sauer match ammo. Its an Indoor range so apologies for that but no choice right now. Also Direct thread in the video, i am going to change that next time and use QD..yes weight will go up but not a fan of having to tighten the can every 40+ rds to make sure it doesn't back off too much. So that made my mind up on that.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by imDementeD View Post
    Finally got to shoot it today. I will have a couple more videos with 120gr and 150gr supersonics.
    This is 220gr sig sauer match ammo. Its an Indoor range so apologies for that but no choice right now. Also Direct thread in the video, i am going to change that next time and use QD..yes weight will go up but not a fan of having to tighten the can every 40+ rds to make sure it doesn't back off too much. So that made my mind up on that.
    Sounded pretty good. What are your impressions with the weight and balance? Glad you went with this can?

Feedback Score
    I promise you when I left the range i called the wife, again this is her setup, and told her i totally forgot to pay attention to the added weight. I didn't notice it being front heavy or unbalanced. Now I know its almost a lb at the front of the rifle and i should notice it but call it "being too happy" about the can that i "forgot" to notice it or whatever but i seriously didn't.

Now this is my first can ( i have a 762sd coming soon for my sbr) and i have only shot one other can (sandman-L on 16" 300 blackout) and that thing was very front heavy and very noticeable. First time i brought the muzzle up i was like damn i hope to god mine isn't like that.

Very happy with the can overall, the blowback was something i didn't expect, again only shot one other can outdoors and didnt notice the blowback then..it was outside on windy day so could be that but not sure.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by imDementeD View Post
    I promise you when I left the range i called the wife, again this is her setup, and told her i totally forgot to pay attention to the added weight. I didn't notice it being front heavy or unbalanced. Now I know its almost a lb at the front of the rifle and i should notice it but call it "being too happy" about the can that i "forgot" to notice it or whatever but i seriously didn't.

Now this is my first can ( i have a 762sd coming soon for my sbr) and i have only shot one other can (sandman-L on 16" 300 blackout) and that thing was very front heavy and very noticeable. First time i brought the muzzle up i was like damn i hope to god mine isn't like that.

Very happy with the can overall, the blowback was something i didn't expect, again only shot one other can outdoors and didnt notice the blowback then..it was outside on windy day so could be that but not sure.
    blowback is always going to be an issue when suppressors are designed for maximum sound reduction. my octane 9 suppresses 300 better than full size SF 762 rc and it must only be 2/3 the total volume. but when i check the glasses after a session there is no blow back and i can barely smell any extra gas when nose to charging handle.

grats on the purchase, the omega should be the quietest thing going! try this little trick on your charging handle and get a heavier buffer, should help with blow back a bit.

http://www.03designgroup.com/technot...harging-handle

if you really want to tame the blow back though, it's going to require an adjustable gas block

Feedback Score
    I was researching the gas buster and mod today haha... and i was using stock fully collapsed which i don't do just too excited to realize i guess... but overall breathing it was far worse than hurting my eyes. . So Def going to give that a shot... The heavier buffer helps as well? Currently i have carbine buffers in both 300BLK and they run perfect with supers or subs without a can but have considered that they will eventually run suppressed full time after they get out of jail

Quote Originally Posted by t15 View Post
    blowback is always going to be an issue when suppressors are designed for maximum sound reduction. my octane 9 suppresses 300 better than full size SF 762 rc and it must only be 2/3 the total volume. but when i check the glasses after a session there is no blow back and i can barely smell any extra gas when nose to charging handle.

grats on the purchase, the omega should be the quietest thing going! try this little trick on your charging handle and get a heavier buffer, should help with blow back a bit.

http://www.03designgroup.com/technot...harging-handle

if you really want to tame the blow back though, it's going to require an adjustable gas block

Feedback Score
    If you have them, try an h and h2. The goal is to run the heaviest buffer possible and still lock back on an empty mag. holding the rifle loosely with both hands on the pistol grip and away from your body (no shouldering), it should lock back anyway you hold it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Heavier buffer will delay unlocking, and subsequent venting of the bore into the receiver. Adjustable gas block is the surest solution after listening to markm and other users talk about it.

Feedback Score
    I will give the heavier buffers a shot , the rtv and maybe a gas buster CH. On mine which i haven't received my suppressor yet but i won't change the gas block, thing has been 100% reliable and dont want to "fix what aint broke".. For hers i may change it simply because she will be the one to complain about it and the fact that the one thats on there now i believe is only set screwed where mine is dimpled/set screw and pinned which i prefer over just set screws for heavy usage. Appreciate the feedback!!!

Feedback Score
    If anyone is still on the fence, this is the package to buy:

Comes with a black Omega suppressor, customized Rick Hinderer XM-18 folder, and 200 rounds of subsonic 300 BLK ammo. If you consider the knife alone will sell for $800+ on the secondary market you really can't beat this! Link: http://www.store.silencerco.com/prod...ackout-package
    --Nick
    Owner, Reptilia & Side Project, LLC

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    SilencerCo Omega weight and length disambiguation:

-Omega stripped w/o mount or end-cap insert: 9.75oz

-Omega/Harvester Big Bore 5/8X24 direct thread mount: 2.2oz

-Omega/Harvester Big Bore ASR mount (adds .825" OAL over direct thread mount): 3.45oz

-ASR Muzzle Brake 5/8x24 762mm: 3.65oz
    -ASR Muzzle Brake 1/2x28 5.56mm: 4.0oz

-Omega 762mm flat end-cap (ferrous): 1.4oz

-Omega Anchor Brake end-cap (nonferrous, adds .9" OAL over flat end-cap): 1.5oz

Totals:
    -Omega with 5/8x24 direct thread mount and 762 flat end-cap: 13.35oz & about 6.25 inches OAL ( add .1oz & .9 inches for Anchor Brake end-cap)

-Omega with ASR mount and Anchor Brake end-cap: 14.7oz & about 8 inches OAL ( minus .1oz and .9 inches for flat end-cap)

So far I am quite happy with this Silencer at 13.35oz for the set up for which it was bought (.300blk ultralight SBR). Considering it is full auto rated with the stellite blast-baffle it is a great compromise between strength and weight IMO; the 20oz Saker being on one end and the 9.7oz Thunder Beast Ultra 7 on the other. There was errornet claims I came across that were saying the Omega was closer to 17oz with the ASR mount and anchor brake and the SiCo weight spec was the lighter configuration without being specified. Well their 14.6oz spec is the heaviest configuration, 13.35oz is the lightest.
    Last edited by jerrysimons; 05-19-15 at 11:27.

Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast