Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 LastLast

Thread: New SilencerCo Omega Suppressor

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    A month ago, I sold my Chiappa Lil' Badger .22Mag. single shot rifle. The rifle was bought to control small rodents and pests on my property. Most groundhogs. It's the perfect backpack rifle. Last year, I had seen a Lil' Badger rifle in .17HMR at a local gunshop. After checking the Chiappa website and not finding a listing for the .17 HMR. I looked but had given up trying to find one. Wouldn't you know I stopped by that shop a couple weeks ago and they still had that same .17HMR rifle that I saw last year. I bought it.

Under the plastic muzzle cap the barrel is threaded 1/2-28. I used a set of vice grips and removed the cap. An extra ASR flash hider that I had was threaded on. For the past few weeks, I've be using my SilencerCo Omega on the Chiappa rifle. No hearing protection needed. It works great. I've been using the .30 caliber cap on mine. It's a cool little rifle.

SamM
    Last edited by SamM; 05-17-16 at 21:14.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Lots of volume

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Today, I shot the little .17HMR rifle with the 1/2-28 direct thread adapter and the .223 flat cap. It was even more quiet than before. It needs a small variable power scope with a removable QD mount.

SamM

Attachment 39665
    Last edited by SamM; 05-27-16 at 18:54.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Feedback Score
    I thought the Omega with the 5.56 end cap actually rated lower (~134.5db) at the shooters ear than the Surefire RCII (~143db) according to the silencershop tests? Is that not correct?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Potss View Post
    I thought the Omega with the 5.56 end cap actually rated lower (~134.5db) at the shooters ear than the Surefire RCII (~143db) according to the silencershop tests? Is that not correct?
    For 556???? No. Not even close. Again... There are ZERO 556 ARs with ANY can that are under 140db at shooters ear - N O N E.

This is why since you need ear pro - and at best the differences are a couple db, that the most important aspects of an AR can are weight and mount - least important are sound and price.

Feedback Score
    I thought that sounded really low. Is that why silencershop made the video private? Or was this commenter just wrong: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...pressor/page27

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This is a wild guess, but silencershop probably pulled the video because they got into a spat with silencerco and lost their right to sell silencerco products.
    I haven't searched but I would be surprised if any silencerco product videos are still on silencershops YouTube page.

I think silencershop does their best when they test cans, but their best is focused on selling product to a potential buyer. Not on discerning between 2 or 3 db or making a fair test across the board.

I'm not ragging silencershop, I've purchased from then before and the videos are above and beyond what is required of a store. However, I don't get the impression they're trying to get lab accurate results. They're getting airtime for their products and trying to get you hyped up to buy them.
    Last edited by Hadoken; 07-19-16 at 09:46.

Feedback Score
    I see the link for ti maad adapter on tarheel, how does a guy get ti flat cap and direct thread adapter?

Paging BW!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by t15 View Post
    I see the link for ti maad adapter on tarheel, how does a guy get ti flat cap and direct thread adapter?

Paging BW!!
    IM sent.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Are the Ti Omega parts still being made?

Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 LastLast