Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: New SilencerCo Omega Suppressor

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabster View Post
    The first disappointment was no noticeable benefit from the anchor brake. I hope this changes when I use the Omega with an AR-10.

The other issue was occasionally painful gas to face. I was prepared for it and got a Raptor charging handle hoping it would help but while it is an awesome charging handle, it didn't stop the gas...

I think the next step will be an adjustable gas block. Are there strong reasons to choose an LSR over a Syranac or something else?

Glad to hear the Omega sounds nice. Mine is still in jail so I'm running a YHM ULT. I wouldn't expect the brake to do much on 5.56, partly because the .30 cal hole is going to let a lot of gas out the front. I plan on running the flat cap for length and noise.

I am running an SLR gas block and couldn't be happier. Very quality; easy to adjust but no way in hell is it going to move on you. I see no reason to consider anything else.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I got a hold of the member on TOS and purchased an adapter from him. It's nice to know that he was actually local to me. Anyway the piece is made of 17-4 and also came pre-coated in black with high temp Cerakote. There are 2 spanner notches machined into the adapter. Sadly I won't be able to test it out until early next year.
    It's showing 1.423 oz on my scale.

Last edited by 021411; 11-19-15 at 20:39. Reason: added finish type

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    who is this person, and where is "local" to you? And do you mind posting a price, or shooting me a PM?

I am in the DFW area, and deciding on switching to ASR with the SiCo adapter for the Saker, or go adapter for the Omega...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Heads up, there is a fix for the Omega ASR mount.

The new ASR mount (which is shipping now apparently) has a longer neck to prevent carbon sticking on the brake/flashider mount. It weight about .2 ounces more apparently.

Going to send mine in, since I was having sticking issues which led to the can unscrewing from the mount.

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc...8/m/8940052883

Feedback Score
    Will somebody with an Omega put a set of calipers on the end where the mount screws in and let me know what it measures? It's advertised as 1.56", and the Saker is 1.50". The YHM adapter I have measures 1.498", but tucks completely inside the Omega. The Y-Mount MAAD I have measures 1.492". My Omega is still in jail, and I'd rather not drive over there just to measure something I know many of you could do.

Thanks in advance.

ETA: and the ID of the opening where the mount screws in as well.
    Last edited by BigWaylon; 11-21-15 at 13:06.

Feedback Score
    Just dropped off a complete Trident booster, with 1/2-28 and M13 pistons, plus a 3-lug mount. He's going to work on duplicating all the pieces, as well as a fixed barrel spacer.

Also having him work on the adapter to use a MAAD mount with an Omega, similar to the product posted earlier. Probably SS & Ti versions.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    Also having him work on the adapter to use a MAAD mount with an Omega, similar to the product posted earlier. Probably SS & Ti versions.
    I'll be following this closely.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotx1 View Post
    I recommend using the RTV charging handle trick. I get no gas out of my BCM 11.5 with the omega.
    I've shot it twice more. I'm quickly getting used to it and/or it's not as bad as I thought the first time.

Really impressed with the Omega on my SBR. Next will be threading the AR-10 barrel!

Feedback Score
    Well hopefully this weekend I will get to put my order in for a Omega

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    For those wanting to pick up accessories for the Omega or any other SiCo can, now is the time to do it (Black Friday). They are having a very substantial discount at the factory direct store. It's about 35% off.. I grabbed a flat cap and a Saker MAAD mount.

Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast