Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: New SilencerCo Omega Suppressor

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    did they say anything about a new baffle design?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    VIP3R:

More importantly..... why no MAAD Trifecta option.

Purely greed?
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    VIP3R:

Purely greed?
    I can only guess because of weight and length.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    VIP3R:

Purely greed?
    They explained the reasoning , i thought on here, but it was something along the lines of they needed a larger mount like the harvester? and the maad just wouldnt accommodate this.....dont quote me on that but it was something like it i believe...not greed..

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by steyrman13 View Post
    I can only guess because of weight and length.
    This was my thought as well.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Greed was too harsh..... should have said marketing instead

I've read some rumors that some SiCo employees have MAAD trifecta mounted harvesters in their private possession. If those were possible then a trifecta OMEGA is also possible.

Any third party sound testing videos?
    Last edited by domestique; 01-23-15 at 08:15.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Skimmed the posts. looks like weight savings from use of titanium tube. any concerns about overheating on full auto?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Silencer Shop said the Omega video is scheduled for the 29th. I have talked to them a few times and one of them mentioned one time that there is a new baffle design in the Omega. Also from scouring the net I have found a few conjectures on the astounding dB numbers. In addition to a new baffle design, rumor has it that the brake reduces 3dB and that SilercerCo did the dB testing with their new .300blk Harvester ammo which is optimized for quietness. Sounds like a combination of all three leads to the 119.xdB for .300blk tested on a 16" barrel.

The weight savings comes from the Titanium tube and the stainless steel baffles vs inconel or stellite. Stellite is used for the blast baffle only. Seems to me a smart compromise between weight savings and durability. Remember the brake is removable and said to weigh 4oz, that's a 10oz can.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    Silencer Shop said the Omega video is scheduled for the 29th. I have talked to them a few times and one of them mentioned one time that there is a new baffle design in the Omega. Also from scouring the net I have found a few conjectures on the astounding dB numbers. In addition to a new baffle design, rumor has it that the brake reduces 3dB and that SilercerCo did the dB testing with their new .300blk Harvester ammo which is optimized for quietness. Sounds like a combination of all three leads to the 119.xdB for .300blk tested on a 16" barrel.

The weight savings comes from the Titanium tube and the stainless steel baffles vs inconel or stellite. Stellite is used for the blast baffle only. Seems to me a smart compromise between weight savings and durability. Remember the brake is removable and said to weigh 4oz, that's a 10oz can.
    Id be happy either way. I want one.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post

Thanks for the info.

I'm hoping silencershop users their standard 12" rig for 300 blackout.

SiCo advertised the Saker at 126, but SiCo measured it to be 128.8 through their 12". I'm guessing the Omega meters at 121 with brake, and 124 without.... still VERY impressive but more realistic to what guys running SBRs will see compared to cherry picked best result cases.

As much as I hate the look of the Harvester/Omega brake, I'm hoping they release a Saker version if it really reduces decibels by 3.

On a side note. On another forum sometime asked Silencerco about the OMEGA and the Trifecta mount and there doesn't seem to be plans on one..... but they did hint to a Saker 762 K coming out this year. (Maybe with the new baffle design)?

Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast