Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New SilencerCo Omega Suppressor

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    Why the **** does this not mount to a Saker Trifecta device? The Specwar mount is basically just an inferior AAC type rachet mount.

How much does the anchor brake weigh and how long is it? Minus the anchor brake I would guess the the Omega OAL drops to maybe 6.25", so where is all of this additional sound suppression coming from, .06" of extra diameter? The Saker 762 is 7.5" long and the minus the MAAD modual it is maybe 6.5"? Idk exactly but for sure the Specwar 762 has way more volume. SO, where are these dB numbers coming from?

7" OAL w/ ASR mount Omega:
    300 BLK – 119.5 dB
    5.56 – 130.1 dB
    308 – 133.9 dB

9" OAL w/ ASR mount Specwar 762:
    .308 WIN – 133.9 dB
    .300 BLK – 120.4 dB
    5.56 NATO – 130.2 dB

And why the ASR mount again? Why can't we get a lighter, quieter Saker 762? If I sound angry, I am. Just when you get a handle on things, peering into the crystal ball trying to predict the future. Stupid freaking NFA!
    ASR an inferior version of the AAC 51T system? You serious? The ASR is more effective in every way to the AAC. I own both and it's not even close.

I get Saker owners wanting their trifecta mounts to work and with enough interest I'm sure it'll get looked into. But for now it has more than one mounting option as it is and this would work out well for a Specwar owner and Saker owners willing to switch out the trifecta. Looking forward to more info beyond the initial release.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Its a much better mount than the 51T, more teeth and they disengage vs AAC's lever that wears out.

I think its a much cheaper mounting solution for them to make which allows the price of the can to be $1100. I'm betting if they went with the MAAD Mount it would be longer and more expensive - $1300-$1500 range. Plus it would essentially kill off the Saker 762. As it stands now it fits between the Specwar & the Saker.
    I doubt the Specwar thread and ratchet mount is better than the Saker's detent compression mount though. The Omega already effectively kills off the Specwar 762, that is if the dB specs aren't BS. 2" shorter, 10oz lighter, slight quieter, same mount, direct thread capable -- why would anybody ever buy a Specwar 762 again? Silencerco has said on multiple forums that that they have no plans for a Saker 762 K. So it looks like Saker owners and prospective owners are up the creek without a paddle when it comes to having a lighter and somehow mysteriously quieter Saker 762.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScatmanCrothers View Post
    ASR an inferior version of the AAC 51T system? You serious? The ASR is more effective in every way to the AAC. I own both and it's not even close.

I get Saker owners wanting their trifecta mounts to work and with enough interest I'm sure it'll get looked into. But for now it has more than one mounting option as it is and this would work out well for a Specwar owner and Saker owners willing to switch out the trifecta. Looking forward to more info beyond the initial release.
    No, sorry, that was poorly worded. But from what I understand the Specwar ASR mount in the ways it is similar to the AAC mount is not in the same class as the Saker Trifecta mount.
    Last edited by jerrysimons; 01-12-15 at 16:42.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    why would anybody ever buy a Specwar 762 again?
    Because its cheaper. All the cans are at different price points.

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    No, sorry, that was poorly worded. But from what I understand the Specwar ASR mount is not in the same class as the Saker Trifecta mount.
    My friend has the Specwar 556. we had some trouble removing it while warm from shooting. Two reasons. When you unlocked the teeth, (from what I remember, they are spring loaded to release) sometimes they would not fully disengage due to carbon, heat, dirt or something. We had to use something small to push the teeth out once. I didn't care for the design.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    7" OAL w/ ASR mount Omega:
    300 BLK – 119.5 dB
    5.56 – 130.1 dB
    308 – 133.9 dB
    The more I think about this, the more I just can't fathom numbers that low...

This thing is going to make my Noveske .300 BLK SBR sound like my Spectre II on a Beretta M71 .22LR?

This thing is going to make my Noveske 5.56 SBR sound like my Trident 9 on an MP5?

...and a .308 bolt gun a little louder than that?!?

("Sound like" as in delivering similar dB)

It just seems completely impossible without wipes, gel, or magic...

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    But from what I understand the Specwar ASR mount is not in the same class as the Saker Trifecta mount.
    It does not have the modularity of the MADD system but its a fine mount that will also work with the Saker.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Because its cheaper. All the cans are at different price points.
    Only a moron would not wait a month or two more for $160 in order to save 10oz and 2" from hanging off his barrel, and still be quieter!

Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
    The more I think about this, the more I just can't fathom numbers that low...

This thing is going to make my Noveske .300 BLK SBR sound like my Spectre II on a Beretta M71 .22LR?

This thing is going to make my Noveske 5.56 SBR sound like my Trident 9 on an MP5?

...and a .308 bolt gun a little louder than that?!?

("Sound like" as in delivering similar dB)

It just seems completely impossible without wipes, gel, or magic...
    Unless there is some new amazing baffle design I too am puzzled. 7" OAL is with that maybe 3/4" long brake on the end so really we are talking something like 1.56" dia. at 6.25" long vs. 1.5" dia at 9" long and the former is quieter!? Sounds too good to be true on its face.
    Last edited by jerrysimons; 01-12-15 at 16:55.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    http://www.silencerco.com/wp-content...8/WP-Omega.pdf

Shows a bit of the baffle/interior...

I am still a little confused on the ASR mounts vs the others and what brakes/muzzle devices they work for...

Im searching for my first suppressor btw...

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrvip27 View Post
    http://www.silencerco.com/wp-content...8/WP-Omega.pdf

Shows a bit of the baffle/interior...

I am still a little confused on the ASR mounts vs the others and what brakes/muzzle devices they work for...

Im searching for my first suppressor btw...
    The Omega has two mounting options: direct thread and the ASR Specwar muzzle device mounts. The Omega uses the same direct thread inserts and ASR adapter module that the Harvestor Big Bore uses. The Omega ships with a 5/8x24 direct thread adapter and both a 5/8x24 762 Specwar ASR muzzle brake and the ASR mount module.

So a Spacwar muzzle device can obviously mount the Specwar cans but It can also mount the Omega (since it ships with all the necessary items to do so). Now Specwar muzzle device can also mount a Harvestor Big Bore if you buy the $285 ASR mount module for it (not included with purchase) or if you bought both an Omega (since the ASR mounts are included) and a Harvestor Big Bore. A Saker will also mount onto a Specwar ASR muzzle device if you buy the $275 ASR MAAD module for the Saker cans, or if you elected to have the Saker ship with the ASR MAAD module instead of the Trifecta MAAD module when you bought it.

My schtick is the Saker Trifecta mounts are superior to the ASR Specwar mounting method, which makes me feel conflicted about this new "wonder" can.
    Edit: Let me put it this way. I would have bought 2 Omegas this afternoon if it mounted on the Saker Trifecta muzzle devices.
    Last edited by jerrysimons; 01-12-15 at 17:33.

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast