Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: New SilencerCo Omega Suppressor

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Bought an Omega a couple of weeks ago, I'm still waiting for it to come in. Then, paperwork and NFA jail. This is my first can and I wanted it to be compatible with several different weapons. Glad that I waited, the Omega is what I was waiting for. The brake that comes with the Omega will fit my DT SRS Covert 18" Bartlien .308 barrel. I have already purchased the Trifecta brakes for my Tavor and M6IC. Most of the time it will be used on the Covert. My planned conversions for it are .223, .243, .308 and .300WM.

SamM
    Last edited by SamM; 06-22-15 at 08:56.

Feedback Score

I brought my SBR into the shop as soon as the 1/2x28 AST flash hider came in. Then I had a conjugal visit with my Omega.. Some observations:

The AST flash hider looks cool.
    Attaching the Omega is fast.
    The Omega feels completely solid.
    It is long!
    It is very light-weight, almost can't feel it out there.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Dabster,

Grab a flat end cap for whatever cal you are shooting, will shorten it up.

Feedback Score
    Anyone have a recommendation for a suppressor cover to use to prevent mirage when shooting 5.56?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by misternt View Post
    Anyone have a recommendation for a suppressor cover to use to prevent mirage when shooting 5.56?
    Just mirage? TAD, or Armageddon Gear.

For high heat? Rifles Only FTW HAD. the inner core is rated to 3,000 degrees with the outer shell rated to 2,000 degrees.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    Just mirage? TAD, or Armageddon Gear.

For high heat? Rifles Only FTW HAD. the inner core is rated to 3,000 degrees with the outer shell rated to 2,000 degrees.
    I'm thinking the HAD cover for my omega with flatcap and asr mount. Thinking the 7 inch will be the best fit. Anyone else ran a HAD cover on an Omega.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by misternt View Post
    I'm thinking the HAD cover for my omega with flatcap and asr mount. Thinking the 7 inch will be the best fit. Anyone else ran a HAD cover on an Omega.
    Their nice covers. I have an Armageddon, a FTW HAD, and FTW MAD. Unfortunately I don't have an Omega to measure.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score

New SilencerCo Omega Suppressor

After 137 days, I got my Omega. Taking it home for a proper inspection. I was surprised at how easy it was to configure and mount to my ASR flash hider.

Took it to the range today. It is my second suppressor but first rifle suppressor and I was really impressed by the degree it hushed my 11.5" AR-15. A couple nearby said it sounded like a .22.

I couldn't detect any POI changes.

The first disappointment was no noticeable benefit from the anchor brake. I hope this changes when I use the Omega with an AR-10.

The other issue was occasionally painful gas to face. I was prepared for it and got a Raptor charging handle hoping it would help but while it is an awesome charging handle, it didn't stop the gas...

I think the next step will be an adjustable gas block. Are there strong reasons to choose an LSR over a Syranac or something else?

Picture pulled for per-sec.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Dabster; 11-15-15 at 01:23.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My dealer just sent off the F4 for my Omega. Can't wait.. On a side note I found a guy that did a few MAAD adapters that fit the Omega. I'm trying to get a hold of him on TOS.

As far as SLR or Syrac, from what I've read you can't go wrong with either one but if I'm not mistaken, the SLR has a wider range of adjustment. I recently ordered an SLR Sentry 7 during the Veterans Day sale. I'll let you know how that works out. Member BufordTJustice has extensive testing and first hand experience with the SLR. I'm sure he'll chime in if he sees this.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 021411 View Post
    My dealer just sent off the F4 for my Omega. Can't wait.. On a side note I found a guy that did a few MAAD adapters that fit the Omega. I'm trying to get a hold of him on TOS.
    Are you talking about the small adapter that lets you attach a Saker MAAD mount to an Omega? I have a guy that should be able to make them, but we'd just need to get him the thread specs. He just made some Trident adapters for a friend of mine.

For reference, here are the Trident adapters:

Used a different guy to make me an adapter for an Omega so that I can mount it on a YHM mount.

Last edited by BigWaylon; 11-23-15 at 11:16.

Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast