Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: New SilencerCo Omega Suppressor

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    Are you talking about the small adapter that lets you attach a Saker MAAD mount to an Omega? I have a guy that should be able to make them, but we'd just need to get him the thread specs. He just make some Trident adapters for a friend of mine.

For reference, here are the Trident adapters:

Used a different guy to make me an adapter for an Omega so that I can mount it on a YHM mount.

That's what I'm taking about. I know SiCo employees have these. I can't believe they don't make them for the general public.

I would have been interested in an Omega if that was the case. If the Hybrid comes out without MAAD support I would definitely jump on an adapter for that.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I totally believe they don't make them. They're differentiating their product lines.
    Fortunately for the more demanding of clientele, dedicated artisanal machinists painstakingly turn teeny tiny little threads onto hand picked pieces of steel. The bet is that enough people who don't want to deal with that hassle will just upsell themselves to get the features they desire, or, as I'm doing, restructure their equipment to lock in with their interface and prevent the purchase of competing cans in the future.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Are you talking about the small adapter that lets you attach a Saker MAAD mount to an Omega? I have a guy that should be able to make them, but we'd just need to get him the thread specs. He just make some Trident adapters for a friend of mine.
    Yup, those are exactly the kind of adapters I was talking about. I don't have the can yet. Can someone here get the thread specs or know the thread specs on the Omega? I'm sure a few or more could easily be sold. I'd definitely be down for one..

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Down for one. Shot can twice and stuck both times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 021411 View Post
    Yup, those are exactly the kind of adapters I was talking about. I don't have the can yet. Can someone here get the thread specs or know the thread specs on the Omega? I'm sure a few or more could easily be sold. I'd definitely be down for one..
    I just had the local guy to me say he could make them. I don't have my Omega out of jail, yet...but I should be able to get him both a Saker mount and an Omega, so he could spec them out. Might not be in the next couple weeks, but I'll see what I can do.

Ti or SS?

Feedback Score
    84 (100%)
    I just had the local guy to me say he could make them. I don't have my Omega out of jail, yet...but I should be able to get him both a Saker mount and an Omega, so he could spec them out. Might not be in the next couple weeks, but I'll see what I can do.

Ti or SS?
    I'd prefer SS. Although, one of each wouldn't hurt.

Just so I understand correctly. This adapter would be for using a MAAD mount on an Omega??? That is one of the drawbacks of the Omega for me, but really I'm just nitpicking. It's a great can.

Any chance he could make an adapter for the Omega to fit 51T mounts without using a MAAD mount?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny00 View Post
    I'd prefer SS. Although, one of each wouldn't hurt.

Just so I understand correctly. This adapter would be for using a MAAD mount on an Omega??? That is one of the drawbacks of the Omega for me, but really I'm just nitpicking. It's a great can.

Any chance he could make an adapter for the Omega to fit 51T mounts without using a MAAD mount?
    Correct. It's not to mount into a Saker trifecta mount, it's just an adapter to let you attach a MAAD mount to an Omega. The TOS guy had this pic:

And the original ones I'd seen on ARFCOM:

The reason you're seeing some Griffin and YHM options is that the mounts have no moving parts. An aftermarket 51T or ASR or others are going to be much more difficult.

With this small of a part, weight shouldn't be much of an issue. May just see if he'll make some SS ones.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Correct. It's not to mount into a Saker trifecta mount, it's just an adapter to let you attach a MAAD mount to an Omega. The TOS guy had this pic:

And the original ones I'd seen on ARFCOM:

The reason you're seeing some Griffin and YHM options is that the mounts have no moving parts. An aftermarket 51T or ASR or others are going to be much more difficult.

With this small of a part, weight shouldn't be much of an issue. May just see if he'll make some SS ones.

I am in for one. I'm going to guess that SilercerCo is gong to follow in the Omega's footsteps with the Hybrid and make it ASR only.

I plan on buying the Hybrid, if I can get a mount to work with my Saker Trifecta MAAD mounts I would be most ecstatic.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    84 (100%)
    I'm curious to see how the Hybrid pans out. It'll probably ASR only. It'll always be nice to add to the collection.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabster View Post
    After 137 days, I got my Omega. Taking it home for a proper inspection. I was surprised at how easy it was to configure and mount to my ASR flash hider.

Took it to the range today. It is my second suppressor but first rifle suppressor and I was really impressed by the degree it hushed my 11.5" AR-15. A couple nearby said it sounded like a .22.

I couldn't detect any POI changes.

The first disappointment was no noticeable benefit from the anchor brake. I hope this changes when I use the Omega with an AR-10.

The other issue was occasionally painful gas to face. I was prepared for it and got a Raptor charging handle hoping it would help but while it is an awesome charging handle, it didn't stop the gas...

I think the next step will be an adjustable gas block. Are there strong reasons to choose an LSR over a Syranac or something else?

Picture pulled for per-sec.

Thanks!
    I recommend using the RTV charging handle trick. I get no gas out of my BCM 11.5 with the omega.

Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast