Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New SilencerCo Omega Suppressor

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm in the same boat - I wanted a saker 762 in a "k" format, and this would be perfect, plus a direct thread mount included? Would have ordered today. At this point I am holding, no Saker mount is dangerously close to a deal breaker, I don't want to choose which guns get which can due to the mounting system.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Anyone shooting barrels shorter than those listed in their respective calibers is in my opinion, Completely RETARDED.
    I was thinking that too but you put it so much better than I would have!

Kind of coincidental given the recent rash of silencer threads on here lately. Looks like my waiting for form 4 E-forms to come back actually DID payoff!

My take is that this might be the first result of combining SWR with Silencerco last year or whenever they merged, I forget the exact date. They were both very innovative and having them work together has produced this, which per the spec's is quite phenomenal. Interesting to not that the baffle design resembles the baffles in my Octane45. If I am right there might be even more goodness to come from them down the road a bit in other calibers and pistols as well.

If they can get this level of performance and size reduction in their rifle product, imagine what they can do with a pistol can..........
    Last edited by HKGuns; 01-12-15 at 19:02.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    The Omega has two mounting options: direct thread and the ASR Specwar muzzle device mounts. The Omega uses the same direct thread inserts and ASR adapter module that the Harvestor Big Bore uses. The Omega ships with a 5/8x24 direct thread adapter and both a 5/8x24 762 Specwar ASR muzzle brake and the ASR mount module.

So a Spacwar muzzle device can obviously mount the Specwar cans but It can also mount the Omega (since it ships with all the necessary items to do so). Now Specwar muzzle device can also mount a Harvestor Big Bore if you buy the $285 ASR mount module for it (not included with purchase) or if you bought both an Omega (since the ASR mounts are included) and a Harvestor Big Bore. A Saker will also mount onto a Specwar ASR muzzle device if you buy the $275 ASR MAAD module for the Saker cans, or if you elected to have the Saker ship with the ASR MAAD module instead of the Trifecta MAAD module when you bought it.

My schtick is the Saker Trifecta mounts are superior to the ASR Specwar mounting method, which makes me feel conflicted about this new "wonder" can.
    Edit: Let me put it this way. I would have bought 2 Omegas this afternoon if it mounted on the Saker Trifecta muzzle devices.
    Ok that makes a bit more sense. Thank you!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    There is absolutely nothing, objective, that makes the Saker Trifecta mount superior to the Specwar Trifecta mount. If someone prefers one over the other, it is simply that, person preference. The Saker's claim to fame is "one hand on, one hand off", but I can engage the Specwar mount with one hand as well. A person can run every SilencerCo. rifle can off of the Specwar mount, hello, it's called a clue. I am waiting on a Saker K with a Saker mount, but I also ordered an ASR MAAD mount.

AAC's 51T mounts are junior varsity compared to the Specwar mounts. <--This is not a jab at AAC cans, but their mounts have always been weak as skim milk.
    Last edited by TXBK; 01-12-15 at 21:22.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    They're already showing in stock at Silencer Shop for $880. A little bit less than the Saker 762.

http://www.silencershop.com/shop/silencerco-omega/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Anyone shooting barrels shorter than those listed in their respective calibers is in my opinion, Completely RETARDED.
    Unless you're talking about a HK53 or SIG 552/553....and then it is AWESOME.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScatmanCrothers View Post
    ASR an inferior version of the AAC 51T system? You serious? The ASR is more effective in every way to the AAC. I own both and it's not even close.
    True. I also own both and the ASR is a much better design than the AAC. I just wish there was more purchase to the locking ring, i.e. more similar in design to the Surefire locking collar.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    "The Omega is rated down to 10" with the 300blk."

Bummer for those that want to go to 8.2/8.5.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Silencershop says the brake on the end of the Omega weighs 4oz, wow! I wonder if/when they will release 762 and 556 flat end-caps or if the Saker end caps will fit? Now we are talking an 10-11oz can with a flat end cap.

I do think the way the Saker mount grabs the square ears on the trifecta muzzle device and compresses the MAAD mount module down onto the tapered wedge of the muzzle device, locking it into place with the detents, is a better mount than the ASR where the can threads with ratchet tension and is locked by the ring, being that there are more points of contact and friction in the Saker trifecta design. When it comes to weight I would bet the ASR Specwar mount is lighter and perhaps part of why it was used for the lightweight Omega.
    Last edited by jerrysimons; 01-12-15 at 22:35. Reason: typo

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Unless Silencerco offers this in the Saker MAAD mount I won't be buying one. I would love this for a shorter/lighter hunting setup, but the juice just isn't worth the squeeze with all the other cans I have.

As it is I have 4 different muzzle devices (Surefire Socom, Silencerco MAAD, TBAC CB, and TBAC BA).

Edit to add: I also want to see a silencer shop video validating the claimed sound levels..... seems way to good to be true.
    Last edited by domestique; 01-12-15 at 23:18.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast