Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: New SilencerCo Omega Suppressor

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    put my omega on order today. How do i go about getting the titanium cap?

And is there any other options for muzzle devices? I see just the brake and 3 prong from SiCo. Any 3rd party options?
    Last edited by Lee Indy; 02-08-16 at 13:37.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Indy View Post
    put my omega on order today. How do i go about getting the titanium cap?

And is there any other options for muzzle devices? I see just the brake and 3 prong from SiCo. Any 3rd party options?
    I have yet to find any 3rd party MD's.

I would love to find a Linear Comp for my 300 blk , that works with the ASR.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by K1tt3n5 View Post
    Contact sico they'll take care of you.
    Yep, they sure do, and pretty simple fix. "use some break cleaner, they (anchor brake) come on there pretty tight."

so... sprayed a little KG-3 on there, and it twisted right off. Well... now I know, and they were extremely pleasant to talk too

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    Picked up my Omega (and 40Osprey) Sat from THSF. Took a couple measurements and pics. With the supplied ASR mount (no muzzle device) and anchor, it's roughly 7.75" and 15oz. With Ti 5.56 flat cap and Ti 1/2-28 DT, it's down to 6.25" and 12.2oz.
    Empty your PM box bud

Feedback Score
    Empty your PM box bud
    Done.

Feedback Score
    I have had the omega for a good bit of time and tossed probably 500+ rounds through her so far. I also grabbed a 762SD the following week after ordering the Omega because it was on sale for $417. Figured the extra 1.5" and 10oz wasn't THAT big of a deal since it was half the price...

Well, that was BS. The omega is just amazing and i'm not mad i got the 762sd but I am definitely buying another Omega. I have the omega on the wifes 8.5 sbr and the 762sd on my 10.5. My 10.5 was built with weight in mind and it's actually a little lighter than the 8.5 (without the cans attached) but as soon as i put that 762sd on there its just like ugh...i rather grab my wifes rifle. So much easier to maneuver. The Omega definitely has a better tone to it and seems quieter to my ear even though its on the shorter barrel. I tried finding a DB metering of the newer 762sd that's all inconel but can't find anything because i was curious how much louder it actually was as its quite noticeable.

All in all, i have searched every can out right now to see if there was something better than the Omega and personally for what I plan to use it for, there's not. I don't have full auto, so that full auto rating doesn't do anything for me. I only shoot 300 blackout so it doesn't need to handle 300 win mag (even though it can)..it just needs to be quiet and light and the omega hits the nail on the head with that. Only thing I could say is less blow back but it doesn't seem any worse or better than my 762SD either..I need to try to pay attention to that. I use it with the brake and ASR setup. I had it direct thread originally and i liked it but i wanted to be able to easily remove it and not worry about it backing off after a few mag dumps..

So all in all...i think its great enough to own (2)

Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    I would also be interested in this by users that own several cans:
    *If you could list what other cans you own and the performance you are seeing out of the omega in 556 and 300 blk (super & Subs)?
    *What is your opinion of the tone with the other cans you own?
    *And what is your current configuration with attachment and end cap?
    Last edited by imDementeD; 02-14-16 at 21:18.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by imDementeD View Post
    Only thing I could say is less blow back but it doesn't seem any worse or better than my 762SD either
    the rifle is over gassed. cans exacerbate that. slightly over gassed is massively over when the can is added. watch where your brass is tossed

Feedback Score
    Really, really, really need one of these.

Feedback Score
    Brass seems to land between 2 & 3 o'clock so probably a little over gassed with a can. I suppose thats to be expected. I do have my stock collapsed all the way which i think is my main issue. when i have it two clicks out its much better but i prefer fully collapsed other wise. Plan to try RTV on the CH to see if that helps.

the rifle is over gassed. cans exacerbate that. slightly over gassed is massively over when the can is added. watch where your brass is tossed

Feedback Score
    Most commercial barrels are overgassed. With the exception of the 556 Sakers, Silencerco products like the Omega are optimized for maximal db reduction. This is my impression not a company statement. Part of that is increased blowback compared to louder cans.

Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast