Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: New SilencerCo Omega Suppressor

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    'Lurked over on NFAtalk, Jeremy from SilencerShop thinks the muzzle brake has a significant effect on metering. When the flat caps are released they intend to do a comparison with and without the brake. Also of note, is the press release says it has a Stellite blast baffle and a titanium tube. It doesn't say which component is made of stainless steel but it lists stainless among the construction materials. The thread adapter and ASR mount are stainless but I am curious what the other baffles are made of, stainless or titanium?
    A bomb-proof full Stellite baffle core like in the Saker or Specwar would obviously be more durable when used at extremes.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    'Lurked over on NFAtalk, Jeremy from SilencerShop thinks the muzzle brake has a significant effect on metering. When the flat caps are released they intend to do a comparison with and without the brake. Also of note, is the press release says it has a Stellite blast baffle and a titanium tube. It doesn't say which component is made of stainless steel but it lists stainless among the construction materials. The thread adapter and ASR mount are stainless but I am curious what the other baffles are made of, stainless or titanium?
    A bomb-proof full Stellite baffle core like in the Saker or Specwar would obviously be more durable when used at extremes.
    That's why I like seeing metered data at the ear compared to the 1 meter industry standard. I personally care more about decibels at the shooter's ear (my ear) then anyone else.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I emailed silencerco today asking if the entire baffle stack was stellite or just the blast baffle. They wrote back with marketing specs and no answer to my question.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmd08 View Post
    I emailed silencerco today asking if the entire baffle stack was stellite or just the blast baffle. They wrote back with marketing specs and no answer to my question.
    Only the blast baffle is mentioned specifically as made of stellite. The weight savings has got to come from some where.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Only the blast baffle is mentioned specifically as made of stellite. The weight savings has got to come from some where.
    That was what I suspected but I hadn't seen it mentioned specifically on any of the websites or in the press releases I've read. Can you point me to where you saw it mentioned? I guess I missed it.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I wonder if a 556 version is in the works?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba04 View Post
    I wonder if a 556 version is in the works?
    Doubtful.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    Doubtful.
    Why not, most 762 cans have a 556 counterpart. My prediction would be over the next few years that sakers go up in price and the specwar goes down into more of a budget can. Specwar = excelent can but low cost, omega = middle of the road, and saker = top of the line.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Why not, most 762 cans have a 556 counterpart. My prediction would be over the next few years that sakers go up in price and the specwar goes down into more of a budget can. Specwar = excelent can but low cost, omega = middle of the road, and saker = top of the line.
    The gentleman asked if anyone thought that it was in the works. I just doubt that they are working on it right now. They may do one later, but I don't know. I think that they will release an anchor brake end cap for the Saker before a 5.56 Omega. That is just my thought, I have been wrong before.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrvip27 View Post
    "The Omega is rated down to 10" with the 300blk."
    There had to be a drawback to all that lightweight construction.

'Lurked over on NFAtalk, Jeremy from SilencerShop thinks the muzzle brake has a significant effect on metering.
    That makes sense.

Port the residual blast to the side and then meter to the front.

I'd be interested to hear it with a flat end cap.

Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast