Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul PMAG D-60

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SC-Texas View Post
    Loading. 60rds 3:39.

https://youtu.be/htay8QRTFkg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    I got a D60 and loaded it for the first time tonight.

I did not use strippers/spoons but the old fashioned way like in your video.

What I did figure out was this:
    If you hold a round by the bullet end and push down on the exposed round, you can crank 2 or 3 times and then are able to load 3-4 rounds at a time. This method made it much easier to load the final 15 rounds.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    In case anyone's interested, I did a test fit of the D-60 in a Noveske Gen II lower, and it seats and drops free perfectly, with no binding or any other issues. I wasn't able to test fire it, because I'm still assembling the lower (mag release and bolt catch are in but not FCG). Just thought I'd mention it because of issues I've read about with Surefire mags and the flared mag well on the Gen II lower.

Dave

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ACR_Scout View Post
    In case anyone's interested, I did a test fit of the D-60 in a Noveske Gen II lower, and it seats and drops free perfectly, with no binding or any other issues. I wasn't able to test fire it, because I'm still assembling the lower (mag release and bolt catch are in but not FCG). Just thought I'd mention it because of issues I've read about with Surefire mags and the flared mag well on the Gen II lower.

Dave
    What serial range? I had to dremel my Noveske Gen 2 for this D60 to work. But mine is a lower serial and I knew from trying Gen3 Pmags I would need to mod either the lower or the mags.

I am going to buy a Strip Lula, should be the best of both worlds with respect to loading from clips or loose rounds.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sorry, I should have mentioned that. It's a N07000+ serial number. I made a point of finding a later production lower after reading about the issues with early Gen IIs and certain types of mags. I guess I should say that if M3 PMAGs function smoothly in you Gen II lower, the D-60 should work fine also. The drum sits just below the flared mag well without making contact with it.

Dave

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ACR_Scout View Post

Dave
    Good to know, thanks. Figured it might not fit and I'd have to wait till my next build, might have to get a couple now.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tacticaldesire View Post
    For those looking for a way to integrate this with their rigs/gear, I'm curious if a standard GI Canteen pouch would be a good way to carry one of these. Seems about the right size.

http://www.amazon.com/Official-Milit.../dp/B00XAFMPIC
    I'm picturing a chest rig the carries two side by side plus a butt pack holding two more, that way you would have a big ol' set of tits and pair of ass cheeks.

Feedback Score
    That sounds like a monty python skit.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    Only ran about 120 rounds thru mine but no issues w/BCM midlength). Gen II PMAGS have always been a tight fit in my RRA lowers and required a lot of filing, the D-60 fits like a proper mag.
    I'm glad this mag can be stored loaded, maybe it's my technique but it seems like a long slow process to load, but the only other drums I have are back loaders.
    TheD-60 doesn't have to be wound so at least once it's loaded it's good for 60 fast rounds, all my backloading drums have to be wound multiple times before they're empty.
    Last edited by wanderson; 04-20-16 at 14:24.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    My two from Cabelas just arrived. I'm giving one to my son for his B-Day tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Forgive me if this has been covered but have these been tested/evaluated for long term storage loaded?

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast