Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul PMAG D-60

Feedback Score
    had zero time to do so over the weekend and all kit is at my folks' place locked up. gonna dive back into it this weekend. literally threw the mag both guns and racked slide to the above results. as stated above, I reckon it's just the insane pressure from the follower spring causing the resistance in racking CH and failure for catch to drop bolt on empty chamber.

Feedback Score
    Alright Folks.......Seems like those of you who responded to my post were dead on.........Dan from Magpul just hit me up and advised that on an empty mag with open bolt you cannot drop the bolt with catch as spring pressure is too great. Same goes for difficulty in retracting CH on empty mag due to the tower design.

Everything should work fine with a loaded device.

Good to know....

Feedback Score
    Interesting. Good to know that.

Mine is super hard to load as you get towards the end but it sure is fun when it's loaded and ready to go.

Feedback Score
    Well it is great to read all of the feedback on these. Was at my LGS yesterday and picked up two PMAG 40 rounders and saw this also on the rack. Maybe for my birthday...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SOW_0331 View Post
    What's the real world use for this?

Well...any situation in which one would be firing their rifle for an unknown amount of time at an unknown amount of threats. So basically all real world use.
    Looks like something fun for range, but the shape of the mag make it difficult to carry and recover empties. I can get p-mags on sale for $10-12 for 30s that easily stack in pouches or even a pocket. Changing a mag should be fast if someone knows what their doing. Only practical use outside maybe 3 gun or range use would be a bug in or for perimeter protection. Still, I would rather have 10 x 30 round P-mags.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ICEMAN550 View Post
    Looks like something fun for range, but the shape of the mag make it difficult to carry and recover empties. I can get p-mags on sale for $10-12 for 30s that easily stack in pouches or even a pocket. Changing a mag should be fast if someone knows what their doing. Only practical use outside maybe 3 gun or range use would be a bug in or for perimeter protection. Still, I would rather have 10 x 30 round P-mags.
    I won't argue that. 30 round mags are always the cheapest & most practical. But I'm still glad I got my D-60.
    When the Romanian back loading AK drums hit the market they were $70 so I grabbed one, although it's just a range toy I've absolutely enjoyed it. Now they're averaging over $100, about the cost of a D-60. And that's still cheap for a good drum.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderson View Post
    I won't argue that. 30 round mags are always the cheapest & most practical. But I'm still glad I got my D-60.
    When the Romanian back loading AK drums hit the market they were $70 so I grabbed one, although it's just a range toy I've absolutely enjoyed it. Now they're averaging over $100, about the cost of a D-60. And that's still cheap for a good drum.
    Range toy? Maybe, but nothing says FU to bho and dianne feinstein like a free man with a set of drum mags!
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    I learning the hard way that these apparently don't work with 300 blackout ammunition, I guess I didn't put much thought into it considering my 300 blackout rounds all load fine in standard PMAG 30's.

I grabbed a 50rd box of Ozark 300blk 110gr Hollow Points and started to load the PMAG D60. About 11 rounds into loading it, it was becoming harder to load. The instructions mentioned this might happen when you get to the end, and you just need to ratchet the lever 1 or 2 extra times. On my 3rd pull of the ratcheting system, something internally snapped and all the rounds on the guide went limp.

I managed to dump the 11 rounds out of the drum and disassembled the drum and there were several broken plastic pieces rattling around inside.

I have sent a email to them to see if this would be covered under warranty but haven't heard anything back in 2 business days. Although I guess I am the one to blame, I hope their excellent customer service they supposedly have will take care of me as I saw nowhere in the instruction that says I CANNOT use this with 300blk ammunition. I asked for an exchange but I do not own a 5.56 rifle so I guess if they do repair or replace it for me, it will sit unused in the vault until I can get around to ordering a new barrel or new upper.

Just a heads up for anyone that might want to buy a D60 for sole 300blk usage, YMMV.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    Range toy? Maybe, but nothing says FU to bho and dianne feinstein like a free man with a set of drum mags!
    False. I can think of plenty other things.

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast