Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul PMAG D-60

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Wonder if it will be lighter than a redimod and two regular 30 rounders
    As the great warrior poet Ice-Cube once said, "If the day does not require an AK, it is good."

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    So can I, but reality it isn't.
    The reason is that gun owners are different.
    Most have money, some are rich,
    And not having the newest is really a bitch.
    When a member post pics of his newest toy,
    That shopper you mentioned will turn into a boy.
    His has to be bigger, and faster and neater
    Because otherwise his manhood feels like a beater.
    So with that on his mind he'll be sure to decide,
    The 40 and 60, he'll buy both to try.
    I wish I could drink this early in the day

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cosme9242 View Post
    I can see a lot people staring at this in their LGS and then looking over at the 40 round pmag priced at $17.99 buy two of those and call it a day
    In my opinion the 40s are too long for a house gun. Some of us are willing to pay premium for a 60 rd drum that is shorter than a 30.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    In my opinion the 40s are too long for a house gun. Some of us are willing to pay premium for a 60 rd drum that is shorter than a 30.
    I was thinking this was a range toy? 60 rounds for a house gun? I like to be prepared but I always figured any self defense against intruders would be settled in less than 10 rounds, if not I'd think I'd find time to reload. That's why I go to bed with only 26 at the ready.

Feedback Score
    Liberals everywhere must be having a heart attack.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Magazine capacity is like making cars go fast. At a certain point, each additional round starts getting logarithmically more expensive. It's not a cost effective way to have 60 rounds at the ready, but, if you want 60 rounds in the gun, want to load it with stripper clips, want to easily take it down for cleaning, want it to take a beating and stay low to the ground with it in the gun...

I will also say that we had a bunch of grown men giggling like schoolgirls doing all the mag dumps for the video. :-D

Unfortunately, it doesn't work for .300 BLK. Had to be very specific with bullet profile to keep all those rounds going in the right places.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by 7.62NATO; 04-30-15 at 22:17.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Right now, I can say that it is the most reliable feeding device of greater than 40 rounds that we have tested, and we've looked at a bunch of them. The GEN M3 PMAG has a magazine related failure rate at right about complete statistical insignificance, so that's a hard act to follow. The current drum rev passed endurance testing of 7,200 rounds per drum without cleaning or lube, and less than 4 stoppages. They passed, but we know we can do even better with a few tweaks, so we're not releasing yet. They are pretty stout in a drop, too, and 60 rounds is no joke in weight. Empty drum weight is 19.7 oz, which is 10oz more than 2x 30rd mags. The spring is a significant contributor to that.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by 7.62NATO; 04-30-15 at 22:34.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Ill buy a few of them.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast