Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagle E&E Bag Pictorial

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Eagle E&E Bag Pictorial

While considering the Eagle E&E bag for a role in my contingency gear, I found few pics of complete bag design and layout. Or at least, pics that were most helpful to my planning. Now that one is here, I took the shots I had been looking for, and thought that others out there might find them useful as well.

As I play with various setups and configurations, I’ll add some more for context and scale.

Like other Eagle gear, this thing is overbuilt, bombproof, and eminently serviceable for the role it was intended to fill and a variety of others.

I would love to have one of these in blaze/international orange as a small ALS pack.

I hope these are helpful to someone.

Outside view, looking at the drop panel. Pull tab is enclosed within. Loop fastener strip outside for attachment of sundry items.

Flap open exposing PALS. Note hook fastener strip along bottom.

Loop strip on the outside of the drop panel attaches to the hook strip inside, rolling up the outer panel.

Side pocket, one at each end. Fits small Pelican case, various small pouches, Nalgene bottles, etc. Flap closes via hook/loop and buckle.

Same pocket. Closure flap tucked within. Straps on the outside of flap would pull out to cover objects in the pocket. Flap remains within pocket with hook/loop.

Backside, outside view of concealment compartment.

Concealment compartment exposed. Compartment is lined, in full dimension, with loop backing.

Interior view, main/large compartment. Sidewall is lined in full dimension with loop backing, covering another concealed compartment.

Interior concealed compartment exposed. Compartment is unlined, no hook/loop, no PALS.

Interior view, main/large compartment. Sidewalls lined with PALS on three sides.

Bottom view. Two straps for attachment of , jacket, blanket, roll-up stretcher, etc.

Bag turned inside out, main/large compartment exposed.

2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Great pics! Particularly like the inside-out pics. Wish folks would do stuff like that more often.

Any chance of throwing some other items in the pics for scale? It's kind of hard to get a feel for the size of the bag.

I tried running a small E&E type bag in one training class carrying 3 AK mags and nothing else. I found that, for me, even with only the three mags the concept wasn't a valid one for my purposes. I'd still like something to keep in the car though, and this bag looks un-obtrusive enough to go unnoticed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Great pics! Particularly like the inside-out pics. Wish folks would do stuff like that more often.
    Thanks. The inside-out pics are what I was really looking for, but not finding. The rest of the variables I could at least take an educated guess at.

Any chance of throwing some other items in the pics for scale? It's kind of hard to get a feel for the size of the bag.
    Yup. Stay tuned. Anything in particular you want to see?

I tried running a small E&E type bag in one training class carrying 3 AK mags and nothing else. I found that, for me, even with only the three mags the concept wasn't a valid one for my purposes. I'd still like something to keep in the car though, and this bag looks un-obtrusive enough to go unnoticed.
    I wouldn't take the bag to a fight deliberately, but it's functional support if one is at hand. Best for the unobtrusive carry of daily support gear. Large enough to make you think daily "attache", small enough to be fast-handling and efficient.

If buying another, I would likely choose gray. EI khaki is pretty green. A lighter khaki would also be desirable.

Also contemplating distraction-patches for it. It doesn't reall say "Nike", or "Dell". Not sure what it'll end up with, though whatever it is will be on velcro for this one.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I agree re: Eagle's green khaki. I'd like to see one of these in a dark blue or red. Interestingly, while most of us have gotten away from black for "tactical" use, in discrete use like this bag it would be pretty good IMHO.

I'd like to see the bag maybe with a couple of AR mags in a few of the shots. That's the kind of thing I'd likely stick in it, and would give us a scale reference.

I'm thinking that for a bag like this I'd set it up with maybe a 2-mag shingle for the AR, maybe a double mag pouch for the Glock, stick a G19 in the hidden pocket, and maybe toss in a small med kit and a couple of other essentials.

On a completely unrelated note....
    I'd love to see a manufacturer make some rifle and pistol mag pouches that can go from the Molle attachment to a belt attachment. Something you could stick in this bag or then retrieve from the bag if you wanted to ditch it. I guess if somebody made an adapter plate to go from molle to a "belt" it might work and let you use whatever belt pouches you want.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I agree re: Eagle's green khaki. I'd like to see one of these in a dark blue or red. Interestingly, while most of us have gotten away from black for "tactical" use, in discrete use like this bag it would be pretty good IMHO.
    Blue or red would work, too.

As also noted, I'd love this bag in safety/international/blaze orange for EMS crews. A royal blue, or similarly bright and friendly color would work too.

I'd like to see the bag maybe with a couple of AR mags in a few of the shots. That's the kind of thing I'd likely stick in it, and would give us a scale reference. I'm thinking that for a bag like this I'd set it up with maybe a 2-mag shingle for the AR, maybe a double mag pouch for the Glock, stick a G19 in the hidden pocket, and maybe toss in a small med kit and a couple of other essentials.
    That's almost exactly like it's setup now. I have to shoot some other stuff later, I'll grab some more pics of the E&E.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Something else I could see tossing in there would be a small pair of 10x binoculars and an Aimpoint 3x magnifier on flip mount.

I'm generally torn though about the value of stuff to leave in a vehicle. On the one hand, I'd love to have the magnifier as an option, but on the other hand I'd hate to lose a $700 piece of gear. The Glock I don't care as much about.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Try this out...

Here are some pictures of the E&E bag loaded. The gear pictured is chosen as a representative sample of what others might put in it, to provide some scale, and for some color contrast and perspective. Inclusion isn’t necessarily an endorsement, nor is omission an indictment. Yada yada yada.

Careful contemplation and smart loading will truly bring out the best in this bag. If gear is not chosen and packed smartly, it can be easy to overload, becoming heavy and unwieldy. User problem, not a gear problem.

E&E Bag compared to others in that size range. All bags are loaded. Tactical Tailor First Responder Bag (black), E&E, Eagle Medical Bag (orange), Eagle Patrol Bandoleer (ranger green).

Side views, same bags.

E&E Bag with Colt LE6920.

Loaded, front, side, and rear views.

Drop flap open, various accoutrements.

Main/large compartment, containing vertical GP pouch, Tactical Tailor med pouch, and 10x12 plate. Modular tear off panels for GP/med pouches on the inside seem optimal.

Concealment compartment, backside, Glock 19. The compacts fit best, and have the best range of adjustment for grip prior to draw.

External view, G19.

Glock 17

Glock 21SF

Glock 34

Feedback Score
    Great pictorial!

Feedback Score
    We use them for medical bags--they work great!

Feedback Score
    Awesome review and pics Skintop! Nice setup and ideas for use.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast