Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eagle E&E Bag Pictorial

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Something else I could see tossing in there would be a small pair of 10x binoculars and an Aimpoint 3x magnifier on flip mount.

I'm generally torn though about the value of stuff to leave in a vehicle. On the one hand, I'd love to have the magnifier as an option, but on the other hand I'd hate to lose a $700 piece of gear. The Glock I don't care as much about.
    Try a LaRue Po' Boy instead of the Aimpoint.
    Last edited by Submariner; 12-25-08 at 16:16.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    A big brown truck bearing Eagle goodness arrived yesterday. A gray E&E bag was within the boxes.
    Pics follow.

Hi there. Need some help. Does anyone know what the name of the khaki bag on the right-hand side and the manufacturer? I would be interested to know what size that is also.

Thanks for your help.
    david

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock.23 View Post
    Hi there. Need some help. Does anyone know what the name of the khaki bag on the right-hand side and the manufacturer? I would be interested to know what size that is also. Thanks for your help. david
    Greetings- I got your PM, but will answer here now that you posted.

I picked up that pouch from a fellow on LF, who advised it was a custom size. Whether it was a custom run, uncatalogued, or one of a kind I don't know. It's narrower and thinner than other GP/med pouches like it. I'll try to post dims and more pics later when I get some time. Perhaps someone else can advise what else is out there that's identical or comparable.

Mine has lived in that very bag since I took the pic. I'd like a few more of them, so I suddenly feel remotivated to track down the pertinents. Stay tuned.

Feedback Score
    Skintop911, thanks for your kind help. That's a great looking bag.

I'll look forward to hearing more from you soon. Thanks for writing back today.

david

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    X2 on Glock.23's post, would also like to know the pertinents on it.
    TIA Skintop.
    Agile53

Feedback Score

Measurements

Skintop,
    I'm sorry to bother you. I need the interior measurements of the main internal compartment, please.

I also would like to have the internal measurements of the large front zippered compartment with the PALS webbing, especially the shallow depth of the lip. It would be helpful trying to find the proper size Utility Pouch or FAK/Blo-out. The depth seems to be the most critical measurement.

If you have the time, it would be helpful to have the overall exterior measurements of the entire bag.

Thanks a million.

Feedback Score
    for folks who have issues relating size... each PALS vertical channel is 1.5" wide... thus 4 channels = 6 inches wide.

each horizontal webbing bar and the gap in between is 1" in height

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Great thread: lots of good information, pictures and ideas for configurations!

I used my E&E for the first time yesterday on a short road trip and I'm impressed with it so far. I haven't configured mine yet with pouches but I'll start working on that today.

As of now the only thing I'm not crazy about is the little slide holster. It seemed to work fine with my G19 but I'm not convinced it's stable. I'll give it a little more time before making a final decision on whether or not to replace it with something else.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    As of now the only thing I'm not crazy about is the little slide holster. It seemed to work fine with my G19 but I'm not convinced it's stable. I'll give it a little more time before making a final decision on whether or not to replace it with something else.
    I had the same concern, but it hasn't been an issue. I suspect that with repeated presentations, the elastic will loosen up, but it'll take some time and work. If it did, the pouch is sufficiently small enough to limit movement of the gun.

I've tried alternatives, but they created bulges or additional bulk that increasedd visibility, and became a little uncomfortable when carried against the body for longer periods.

One modification I've suggested is that the external concealment pouch be extended to cover the full height of the bag. It's only another ~1.5", but a gun/baton/other gear could be rotated or placed more optimally for carry and presentation.

Thanks for the feedback.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I would like to see them come with the velcro holster that came with my Courier bag. They are sturdier and have a loop for an extra magazine. I might take the one from my courier bag and try it in my E&E for a little while.

Edited: Scratch that idea because it's too large for the E&E bag.
    Last edited by M4arc; 02-10-09 at 10:49.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast