Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Combative Weapons Solutions, Austin TX??

Feedback Score
    Kelly @ Criterion, as previously mentioned, is another great guy. Great instructor with a legit superhero background, and a genuinely humble, good dude you just want to hang around. Only thing that irks me is he's a bit loose with his muzzle control, which caught me a bit off guard and really screwed with my safety OCD. ugh

I have trained a ton with Kelly to include low light, no light, vehicle, room clearing, etc. I have no patience with safety violations. I think what he does is demonstrate techniques while facing the class. That can sometimes look like someone is being covered by a muzzle. But honestly, I think it may be a perception of angle. I'm not calling you out. But I film a lot during class and move around to get different angles. Sometimes I think I see instructors violating rules, but in my experience it rarely happens.

Having said all that, I can recommend Kelly with my highest praise. I have had training from most of the big names and I think you get more with Kelly. I have taken the same class a few weeks apart and it wasn't the same. Equally good, but different. Kelly is one of those guys that's ex-Delta but I think his strength may come from running the Air Marshal's marksmanship program. He had me move my thumbs maybe a quarter inch and my group size dropped in half. No one else had paid me that level of attention.

Feedback Score
    Y'all will be disappointed to hear I went with Krav.
    I just turned 40 and as I fumbled along in my career I have been handed a desk job. So my main goal right now is to get back into shape. I also doesn't hurt to watch hot women punch stuff a couple hours a week. I have taken y'alls advice to heart and have started saving up to an ECQC class hopefully towards the end of the year.
    Thanks,

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Just an FYI, you can take the MUC class from Craig Douglas as a standalone class, without going through the entire ECQC class.

They have a class coming up with Carl Rehn as the host in Austin on March 27. http://shivworks.com/?page_id=2

Carl's a solid dude as well, I had ribs with him in Memphis last weekend.

Seriously, email Carl at the link I attached, I think you would get a lot out of it for the Friday night MUC class. No beatings or rough stuff, it's all about detecting and avoiding threats.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234