Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Review: MVB ARC Stock (AR15 PDW)

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Is the right side pic with the stock collapsed completely collapsed? Curious if it interferes with the right side bolt release.

From Tapatalk:
    Jack Leuba
    Knight's Armament Company: Military/Govt Product Liaison
    F2S Consulting: Director of Shooting Stuff
    Jack, you'll need to hook your finger if you wanted to actuate the right side bolt release while fully collapsed, but it's doable. What's more difficult, and arguably more critical, is actuating the left side selector switch, especially with gloved hands. Since I don't intend to run this fully collapsed, it's a pretty much a non-issue for me. However, you can train yourself to flip the lever when fully collapsed, but not nearly as effective if the bar wasn't there to interfere.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ap0c69 View Post
    Slick set-up. I have one on order and that's exactly what I was planning to do with it.

Please update progress once you put some rounds down range. Pros/cons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Will do. But it might be a while since it's colder than shit outside and I'm too big of a pussy to go out and shoot in it while I'm still a bit under the weather. When I recover I'll head out or try to get into an indoor range.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    Will do. But it might be a while since it's colder than shit outside and I'm too big of a pussy to go out and shoot in it while I'm still a bit under the weather. When I recover I'll head out or try to get into an indoor range.
    Have you had a chance to run the MVB ARC some?

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    Have you had a chance to run the MVB ARC some?
    Yes. I took it out today and ran a few rounds of subs and supers through the can. Not enough to call it a definitive "GTG", but it ran without any hiccups and the recoil was very manageable. I've gotten very used to the lower cheek positioning on the tube because of all the ready-up drills I've been doing, and I've since really learned to appreciate the merits of this stock.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I was interested then I saw the price tag.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    I like the idea of this design, most especially since I could use my existing BCG.
    If you're using a DI set up it really doesn't matter. Troy's set up has a rather nice BCG and the finish is better than the NEA.

There's a guy on the HK forums that has run this system hard(15k rounds hard) on a 10.4" HK416. Suppressed and unsuppressed, it has run well. It's heavy as hell (I do have one but not installed it yet) but the same poster noted it contracts the effect of having a can hanging on the front.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris View Post
    If you're using a DI set up it really doesn't matter. Troy's set up has a rather nice BCG and the finish is better than the NEA.

There's a guy on the HK forums that has run this system hard(15k rounds hard) on a 10.4" HK416. Suppressed and unsuppressed, it has run well. It's heavy as hell (I do have one but not installed it yet) but the same poster noted it contracts the effect of having a can hanging on the front.
    Who cares about the finish? the MVB Arc looks superior to the Troy system because 1. It not only allows you to use your BCG, they offer H1, H2 & H3 buffer options which Troy does not. 2. The Troy's stock extension mechanism is less than ideal, not only placement of the button but having several positions for the stock is beyond goofy and big time negative. On this kind of set up I want to be able to hit the button, extend the stock and forget about it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    Who cares about the finish? the MVB Arc looks superior to the Troy system because 1. It not only allows you to use your BCG, they offer H1, H2 & H3 buffer options which Troy does not. 2. The Troy's stock extension mechanism is less than ideal, not only placement of the button but having several positions for the stock is beyond goofy and big time negative. On this kind of set up I want to be able to hit the button, extend the stock and forget about it.
    Funny that you kinda jumped on me for this one without knowing I have or use. I had one of the pre release Troy models and at the time NEA was the ONLY one you can buy. The finish on the BCG was just bad(looked like someone spray painted it type of bad) and the NEA I had was also the rarely seen 4 position model... the newer ones are now a 2 position which is great. I actually went to a shooting event and MVB had a small both, went ahead and bought some 9mm spring kits and still haven't had a chance to install it. I sold the Troy but the build quality to the MVB was the same and I had no issues shooting anything through it. With all of that said, there's a LWRC waiting for me at home once I get off this deployment.

Did you happen to read my second paragraph? The MVB shines for the guys who have piston set ups and not as much on the DI hence my response to the other poster.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris View Post
    Funny that you kinda jumped on me for this one without knowing I have or use. I had one of the pre release Troy models and at the time NEA was the ONLY one you can buy. The finish on the BCG was just bad(looked like someone spray painted it type of bad) and the NEA I had was also the rarely seen 4 position model... the newer ones are now a 2 position which is great. I actually went to a shooting event and MVB had a small both, went ahead and bought some 9mm spring kits and still haven't had a chance to install it. I sold the Troy but the build quality to the MVB was the same and I had no issues shooting anything through it. With all of that said, there's a LWRC waiting for me at home once I get off this deployment.

Did you happen to read my second paragraph? The MVB shines for the guys who have piston set ups and not as much on the DI hence my response to the other poster.
    I'm not understanding your statement regarding the performance of DI vs piston guns with regards to this stock.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    I'm not understanding your statement regarding the performance of DI vs piston guns with regards to this stock.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Guys with piston guns can only use the MVB unless they mod their bolt which in itself will cost more than just buying the MVB. Troy, NEA, MMC and etc all come with carriers so DI rifles can use either one. I'M NOT BASHING THE MVB just pointing out where the MVB is better than all the PDW type stocks. I'm simply playing the devil's advocate regarding some of the other system.
    Last edited by TheChunkNorris; 02-12-16 at 10:13.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast