Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Review: MVB ARC Stock (AR15 PDW)

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris View Post
    Guys with piston guns can only use the MVB unless they mod their bolt which in itself will cost more than just buying the MVB. Troy, NEA, MMC and etc all come with carriers so DI rifles can use either one. I'M NOT BASHING THE MVB just pointing out where the MVB is better than all the PDW type stocks. I'm simply playing the devil's advocate regarding some of the other system.
    Just so I'm clear, but because the MVB makes use of standard bolt carriers, as opposed to the other PDW stock options, it's easier for piston guys to run their piston bolt carriers without having to spend coin on more expensive modifications required to run it with the competitor's proprietary bolt carrier set-ups.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    Just so I'm clear, but because the MVB makes use of standard bolt carriers, as opposed to the other PDW stock options, it's easier for piston guys to run their piston bolt carriers without having to spend coin on more expensive modifications required to run it with the competitor's proprietary bolt carrier set-ups.
    Exactly... you got it.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Gotcha. Makes sense. Thanks.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    If anyone is on the fence with these, MVB Is running 50% off the remaining 2 position variants (black and FDE) that they are apparently discontinuing due to the 5 position being more popular. These are “blem”, but I doubt you find very much cosmetically wrong with them, if it matters to you. The LOP on the 2 position is about 3/4” shorter than a Magpul SL 2 clicks back on a 7 position VLTOR A5 tube, so I really don’t see any purpose to a 5 position. Apparently the 2 position is being discontinued because it is way less popular than the 5 position, which doesn’t make much sense to me.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    If anyone is on the fence with these, MVB Is running 50% off the remaining 2 position variants (black and FDE) that they are apparently discontinuing due to the 5 position being more popular. These are “blem”, but I doubt you find very much cosmetically wrong with them, if it matters to you. The LOP on the 2 position is about 3/4” shorter than a Magpul SL 2 clicks back on a 7 position VLTOR A5 tube, so I really don’t see any purpose to a 5 position. Apparently the 2 position is being discontinued because it is way less popular than the 5 position, which doesn’t make much sense to me.
    I'm still running my original 2-position. Never saw a need to trade it in for their five position or reduced weight variants.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    I'm still running my original 2-position. Never saw a need to trade it in for their five position or reduced weight variants.

Agreed, and at the current price point of the blem 2 positions, it’s a good value. Of all the PDW stocks that have since come out, IMO this design still holds up very very well, my personal favorite. I don’t mind a little back end weight, it often helps balance a rifle out.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    Agreed, and at the current price point of the blem 2 positions, it’s a good value. Of all the PDW stocks that have since come out, IMO this design still holds up very very well, my personal favorite. I don’t mind a little back end weight, it often helps balance a rifle out.
    Back-end weight balance is one reason why I've kept mine. It's evolved over the last couple years...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345