Thread: What's up with the KAC E3's?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

What's up with the KAC E3's?

Does anyone have an update on the release of the KAC Sr-15 E3's? Anyone know when they'll be out and in what configurations?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The standard 16" rifle will come first, and they are trickling out now. Trey Knight is a member at silencertalk.com (and here) as "3" or "III" depending on the forum. He has posted that the first rifles have made their way out.

They will look something like this (less optic, mag, and sling)

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I have an order in with them, but have not seen a single rifle yet. Maybe we get Trey in here to answer some questions.

C4

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Wow, I'm surprised that they are shipping. Things have been very quiet surrounding these rifles lately.

I love the way these rifles are set up. the only thing I'm concerned about is patrs availability. Does anyone have a clue what a replacement / spare E3 bolt will run or how hard they will be to replace?

Grant, I was looking into a Noveske N4 bbl, but I may go this route instead. Are there any accuracy reports on the KAC cold hammer forged barrels?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    Are there any accuracy reports on the KAC cold hammer forged barrels?
    In speaking with Trey last year, he told me to expect 2 MOA or slightly under. I did not get a chance to put an optic and bipod on the one I had so I cannot say for sure what kind of accuracy it was capable of.

As to spare parts, I have not seen any comments out of Knights with regard to this. I suspect that, in the beginning at least, all the available bolts will be going into new rifles. The only proprietary parts on the gun are the gas tube, barrel extension, and bolt. If buying one of these rifles, I too would very much want to stock up on at least one spare of the gas tube and bolt.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    In speaking with Trey last year, he told me to expect 2 MOA or slightly under. I did not get a chance to put an optic and bipod on the one I had so I cannot say for sure what kind of accuracy it was capable of.

As to spare parts, I have not seen any comments out of Knights with regard to this. I suspect that, in the beginning at least, all the available bolts will be going into new rifles. The only proprietary parts on the gun are the gas tube, barrel extension, and bolt. If buying one of these rifles, I too would very much want to stock up on at least one spare of the gas tube and bolt.

How the gas tube is going to be different from a standard one?

TIA
    *** Damn Proud to Be an American Ally ! ***

The Armory:
    Colt 6601 - Colt 6731 - Colt 613 - Steyr StG.58 - M1 Carbine - Galil SAR - CZ Scorpion EVO - Franchi PA8 - Glock 17 - Pietta/Colt SAA 1873 - SA 1911A1 Mil Spec - Ruger LCP

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frens View Post
    How the gas tube is going to be different from a standard one?

TIA
    I'm pretty sure that the KAC "midlength" is different than the industry standard.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the KAC "midlength" is different than the industry standard.
    Exactly right. Their "midlength" is the "carbine" length from their SR25. So, it's a standard part for them but not a standard part to the rest of the industry.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I just got an email from Casey at Lawmens. see below:

Well Matt I have to give you credit on good timing it just so happens
    that Knight's is about 30 days at the most from delivery of rifles. It
    has taken forever but it finally getting to that time, they retail for
    $2200.
    Grant, hopefully you'll be seeing them soon.

I'd still ike to hear from Reed regarding ship dates, availability, specs of the final rifles and availability of spare parts (bolts & gas tubes).

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    bumped to grab the attention of those in the know. (III, are you out there?)