Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: PMAG 17 GL9: PMAG for Glock 9mm

Feedback Score
    At least they found this out during the initial release of these mags, and not a year from now when millions are in circulation.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    This problem has confirmed for me that my initial instinct that my OEM Glock magazines work and are reasonably priced means I won't be looking to purchase these Magpul Glock mags. Magpul had a big build up for this release, and IMO they screwed the pooch. They should have caught this and said as much in their statement. Yes, they are going to fix the problem. They have to to maintain credibility. They are a good company. But when you want to make a big statemnt, you need to have your shit together and get it right the first time. In this case they didn't get it right. I don't see any need to buy anything other than Glock magazines for my Glocks.
    Last edited by DWood; 04-18-15 at 20:06.
    Go in peace, but be prepared for violence.

Feedback Score
    Please read the response.
    I did read the response.

Obviously the initial testing was insufficient, but it is great to see Magpul standing behind this product.
    Last edited by Fishbed77; 04-18-15 at 20:59.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I ran 100 rounds of WWB through my 19 today with 0 malfunctions. Honestly I kind of hoped it wouldn't function properly so I could do malfunction drills.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Delighted Magpul is offering Glock magazines.

That said, I can't imagine why anyone would consider carrying gen one of any after market Glock mag, given the 9mm Glock 17 OEM magazine has been tested in literally millions of pistols, proven boringly reliable, and costs a whopping $5-10 more.

Feedback Score
    Perhaps I missed it among all the whining... Is DSG Arms one of the vendors shipping new bodies automatically?
    Thanks!
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Perhaps I missed it among all the whining... Is DSG Arms one of the vendors shipping new bodies automatically?
    Thanks!
    "Working with DSG to provide an automatic mailing like the others. More news on this soon."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DWood View Post
    This problem has confirmed for me that my initial instinct that my OEM Glock magazines work and are reasonably priced means I won't be looking to purchase these Magpul Glock mags. Magpul had a big build up for this release, and IMO they screwed the pooch. They should have caught this and said as much in their statement. Yes, they are going to fix the problem. They have to to maintain credibility. They are a good company. But when you want to make a big statemnt, you need to have your shit together and get it right the first time. In this case they didn't get it right. I don't see any need to buy anything other than Glock magazines for my Glocks.
    Agree...a proposed fix for a problem that doesn't exist.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailer View Post
    I called Magpul, and I was told no refund. I could get a credit, but shipping would be on me. Midway will take my return, (and refund my shipping--great customer service there) and FWIW that's what I'm going to do.

You're right, and *if* they do this I'll wave the "awesome customer service" banner. But it's a sad state of affairs when folks are praising a company for simply doing what ethics demands.

If you consider shitty customer service to be "the minimum" we'll have to agree to disagree. I consider "the minimum" acceptable customer service to be rectifying the problem quickly at minimal expense to the company. "Above and beyond" to me means rectifying the problem in a manner that the customer is happy with.

Again, I'm no Magpul hater. I own a lotof their stuff, and I've always been happy with it. I just can't figure how anybody could interpret the current situation to be a positive reflection on the company.
    If you bought direct from Magpul you can get a refund. Most other resellers will handle refunds as per their own policy but most larger resellers allow refunds.

Everyone has their own idea on how best to address this issue. For us we are busy and hate having to phone about any replacement so that is why we are shipping replacements automatically.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveAR View Post
    Agree...a proposed fix for a problem that doesn't exist.
    We went into this knowing that Glock factory magazines run just fine.

PMag GL9 version of Glock mags are designed for the following advantages.

GL9 is lighter
    GL9 is lower cost
    GL9 is easier to disassemble
    GL9 has ridges on the floorplate sides for grip
    GL9 has limited holes in the body for dust entry
    GL9 has paint pen matrix for numbering mags
    GL9 is designed and made in the USA

It also should be as reliable as an OEM mag after the correct geometry is put into the feedlips.

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast