Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: PMAG 17 GL9: PMAG for Glock 9mm

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

PMAG 17 GL9: PMAG for Glock 9mm

The PMAG 17 GL9 is a 17 round Glock 9mm handgun magazine featuring a new proprietary all-polymer construction for flawless reliability and durability over thousands of rounds. High visibility anti-tilt follower, SS spring, easily removable floorplate for cleaning, Dot matrix for mag marking, ridged floorplate edges for better grip, 17rd indicator windows. Drops free loaded or unloaded. The same boring reliability you expect from an OEM magazine. MSRP $15.95
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I wondered when Magpul was going to get into the handgun magazine market.

Yeah, for that price I'll take a couple, or ten.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Interesting price point...

Undercut Glock themselves. The real benefit here is that since there IS no steel reinforcing the mags wont expand over time resulting in sticky mags. Hmm...i wonder how well these will drop free.

I wonder how durable the feed lips will be considering there is no steel reinforcing. At 15 dollars a piece, i almost dont care...
    Last edited by Magsz; 01-15-15 at 12:25.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    interesting....
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Now I have to buy pistol mags.

I don't even like shooting pistol.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post

Undercut Glock themselves. The real benefit here since there IS no steel reinforcing is that the mags wont expand over time resulting in sticky mags. Hmm...i wonder how well these will drop free.

I wonder how durable the feed lips will be considering there is no steel reinforcing. At 15 dollars a piece, i almost dont care...
    It took some doing in order to get them to drop free all the time and still be 100% reliable, especially when left loaded at high temperatures for long periods of time. But...we figured it out. Took some fancy compositions in the polymer, but they work like a champ. We even froze the guns and heat soaked the mags over time, and then checked that those dropped free. We had a lot of room to make the lips thick.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    Long and black and full of ammo a Glock mag from Magpul comes feeding ammo and with each round it feeds the shooter goes ahhhhhhh....
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    I don't see much of a point other than maybe being easier to service if the base pads are not ridiculously difficult to remove like current Glock mags.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Good job Magpul.

We only waited a few years for this to happen, but I guess even a genius needs to go through his process to reach the answer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post

Undercut Glock themselves. The real benefit here is that since there IS no steel reinforcing the mags wont expand over time resulting in sticky mags. Hmm...i wonder how well these will drop free.

Actually not so much undercutting Magpul, but pricing them to where even the POS KCI mags aren't a deal for those looking for extra mags cheap. Hell used Glock mags go for $15 or so. I think Magpul may have a hard time keeping this line in stock. Am definitely down for a handful to start with to do some testing. If they are as good as Pmags I would likely invest in 20 or some. This sucks! Am going to have to factor another glock into my inventory just to justify all the mags I want. Lol.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast