Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: PMAG 17 GL9: PMAG for Glock 9mm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailer View Post
    "Working with DSG to provide an automatic mailing like the others. More news on this soon."
    Excellent - thanks!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RichFitz View Post
    We went into this knowing that Glock factory magazines run just fine.

PMag GL9 version of Glock mags are designed for the following advantages.

GL9 is lighter
    GL9 is lower cost
    GL9 is easier to disassemble
    GL9 has ridges on the floorplate sides for grip
    GL9 has limited holes in the body for dust entry
    GL9 has paint pen matrix for numbering mags
    GL9 is designed and made in the USA

It also should be as reliable as an OEM mag after the correct geometry is put into the feedlips.
    This. If you don't feel comfortable carrying them, fine. This allows a cheaper means of training mags, when you factor in $10 per mag for about 5-6 training mags, that's a substantial difference for us non-ballers.

One other note, I don't get why people are complaining about the lack of holes in the rear. Either count them like a big boy while loading, or just fill it up until it can't take any more. It's not rocket science, stop nitpicking shit.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Excellent - thanks!
    I hope DSG is able to set up the auto ship as well, I pre-ordered 10 of these that will need the new bodies.

Are there any DSG personnel following this thread?
    Invest in tangible goods. Beans, bullets, band-aids, family. These items are what will count in the near future. Remember that your 401k, brokerage account, etc. are nothing but numbers on a screen. Think about it. Numbers. On. A. Screen.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cunnalinguist View Post
    I hope DSG is able to set up the auto ship as well, I pre-ordered 10 of these that will need the new bodies.

Are there any DSG personnel following this thread?
    I emailed DSG on Friday. They are planning to send the magazine bodies out once they have them.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My 2 mags from midway have functioned fine so far in a gen 4 g19. Granted, I've only run 115gr fmj through them, but so far so good. From what I can gather from google searches, Magpul doesn't sell mag parts, such as springs, followers, baseplates, etc., basically what I'd need to make the old mag bodies into functional range mags. That's sad, I only planned to use the glock pmags at the range, and I was hoping to now be able to still get some use out of the old mag bodies after using transferring the mag guts into the new bodies...ah well...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    I emailed DSG on Friday. They are planning to send the magazine bodies out once they have them.
    Awesome. Thanks for the info. I was getting ready to email them.
    Invest in tangible goods. Beans, bullets, band-aids, family. These items are what will count in the near future. Remember that your 401k, brokerage account, etc. are nothing but numbers on a screen. Think about it. Numbers. On. A. Screen.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    600 rounds through four GL17 magazines so far with zero issues. All 115 and 124 grain ball.

The majority of the rounds went through a G17 but we did run these in a G19. They seem to be nice mags and if the issues are resolved with new mag bodies they will make nice training mags.

I dont want lighter weight on my carry mags, nor do i want an easier to remove baseplate. Nor do i want a non OEM magazine that i have to vette with VERY expensive carry ammo to ensure it works with longer loads and different bullet profiles. The OEM magazines work marvelously in this regard so a change is simply not necessary.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    I'm only interested in a few (3-4) extra mags for GSSF and the range. For those purposes almost perfect is good enough so saving money can be a good thing. The original 3 factory magazines are enough for carry use.
    NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member
    Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
    Common sense is only right wing if you are too far to the left.
    A pistol without a round chambered is an intricate paperweight.
    Stop trying so hard to be offended.

Feedback Score
    I got 4 as training mags and my 2 OE mags are in my carry gun and a mag carrier I carry every day.

But the magpul mags are lighter (even loaded, noticeably lighter), quieter, and while "cheaper" feeling I like how they feel better than OE mags.

There's a chance I will eventually switch over to them in my carry guns.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDB View Post
    I'm only interested in a few (3-4) extra mags for GSSF and the range. For those purposes almost perfect is good enough so saving money can be a good thing. The original 3 factory magazines are enough for carry use.
    Ridiculous question but..are these legal in GSSF for anything but "open"?
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast