Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: PMAG 17 GL9: PMAG for Glock 9mm

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Any plans to make the G19 mags with the new sand colored polymer?

I don't care how they look, but if the sand polymer is stronger, that's what I want...

Feedback Score
    I just wish Magpul would make PM9 flush fit mags....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yes, the wheel is the appropriate place to find the date code with the arrow on the month and the year in the center. Another way to tell on the 17 is that there is a larger "11" in a circle by the date code. If it's a "9", it's an old body. 11 or higher is fine. They should all be 11's now, but someone may read this next year or something, so 11 <or higher>.

Sand is unlikely for the Glock mags, since there is some special sauce in the GL9 material to prevent the mags from swelling and not dropping free. Never say never, though. I know I want some, so we'll see. :-)

The material that's used in the GL mags is pretty stout. Because of the small box section and thick feed lips, there are different material requirements than an M4 mag. Those little guys are pretty solid as is. Based on the drop testing we've done, sand may only add the ability to dye, but we'll see. I'm sure we'll get around to testing it.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Any plans for glock pmag mag "accessories" ? Extensions, ranger plates, things of that nature? I could get pretty excited about a 23 round glock pmag.... Just asking here. I heard murmurs of such things when the glock pmag was released but nothing in recent times.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I ran these hard in a class a week ago this Saturday. I had 12 PMAGS with me.

The only problem I had was inserting a mag with the slide forward (I also normally load my mags to only 16 rounds, one short.) on three occasions was I thought for sure the mag was locked-in place and when I fired the round already previously chambered, it dropped about an inch and I had to TRB it back into place.

This was in a Glock 34 and I did not have this problem with factory mags. I don't know if the mag release was just barely catching or what. It does get stubborn to push rounds down when you hit that 16th round though, a real bitch to get the 17th in.

If I had an bit of an extended floorplate, I think I would have got it locked in. You guys might want to think about a taller floorplate.
    Last edited by Heavy Metal; 06-23-15 at 22:58.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    I bought two to play with. When loaded with 17 rounds they mag catch on my Gen2 G17 does not fully engage. You can see how the catch on the right side is not fully down, and you do not get a good "click" when you seat the magazine. You can not just pull it out, but you don't have to press the mag release much at all to get it to drop. Curiously I downloaded to 16 rounds and the catch still does not seem to go in all of the way. I have not fired them yet, hopefully soon.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Any updates on these mags? Are they proving themselves reliable now?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4carbine View Post
    I got two about three weeks ago.

I ran both of them in a training session with a Glock 19 and 17, respectively, for about 250 rounds (both total) and had no malfunctions.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4carbine View Post
    Working AOK here
    http://www.breachbangclear.com/on-th...e-with-maguls/
    Dave Merrill
    Terrible Technical Writer. Awful Photographer. Lazy Instructor. Kind of a dick.
    Loves Tacos.

Feedback Score
    Cool...got to stock up before the next election cycle.

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast