Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Thread: PMAG 17 GL9: PMAG for Glock 9mm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PaLEOjd View Post
    Magpul doesn't need to say anything really. You can leave your magazines loaded as long as you wish, that's not going to cause any spring issues. The magazines springs wear from being cycled, keeping mags loaded do no harm.
    Constant compression and decompression is what weaken the springs. The magazine spring should last a long time.

Sent from my iPhone6
    via TapaTalk
    I know all this. I was referring to the fact that the mags are not lined with metal. The MagPul AR mags come with a cover that takes the tension off the feed lips. The Glock mags have no such cover, ergo--can they be left loaded?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The covers on the PMAGs are for dust and severe impacts like aerial delivery only. They can be left loaded indefinitely without covers with no worry of feed lip spread.

Same on the Glock mags.

We load them, cycle them from cold to 180deg and back down numerous times and have them that have been loaded since release.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    Great info. Thanks.

Reading your post it sounds like your mags are intended to be superior to the OEM mags.

I actually prefer the Glock Pmags to the factory ones and just wanted to know if they would last as long.

Feedback Score
    Great deal on G17 or G19 PMAGS right now at Midway USA. 6 mags + mag pouch for $75. Add the $6 for shipping and you are looking at $81 or $13.50 per mag + the carry pouch. It's a decent deal if you need more Glock 15 or 17 round mags...

http://www.midwayusa.com/s?promotionid=1113980

Feedback Score
    Thanks, grabbed a set to go with the other dozen or so 19, 17, and 21s I have picked up.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    Great deal on G17 or G19 PMAGS right now at Midway USA. 6 mags + mag pouch for $75. Add the $6 for shipping and you are looking at $81 or $13.50 per mag + the carry pouch. It's a decent deal if you need more Glock 15 or 17 round mags...

http://www.midwayusa.com/s?promotionid=1113980
    Thank you for the heads up, I needed a few more.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    After ~3 years of use my earliest four G17 pmags needed some attention. This batch lives in my range bag for practice use and goes out frequently as loaners. 3/4 of the range use has been concrete and there's no telling how many drops they've had in various states of loading. Recently, I could tell the springs had softened quite a bit, and a couple finally started to get sluggish and stick when down to 5-6 rounds on board. One gave me a stoppage during a match, signalling it was time for the bench. I installed new Glock OEM springs in each, and they went right back out to a student who used them through a few hundred rounds without a problem. The bodies and lips remain in good shape, so they'll keep going. I couldn't begin to calculate how many rounds of live, inert, and sims ammo these mags have on them.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    After ~3 years of use my earliest four G17 pmags needed some attention. This batch lives in my range bag for practice use and goes out frequently as loaners. 3/4 of the range use has been concrete and there's no telling how many drops they've had in various states of loading. Recently, I could tell the springs had softened quite a bit, and a couple finally started to get sluggish and stick when down to 5-6 rounds on board. One gave me a stoppage during a match, signalling it was time for the bench. I installed new Glock OEM springs in each, and they went right back out to a student who used them through a few hundred rounds without a problem. The bodies and lips remain in good shape, so they'll keep going. I couldn't begin to calculate how many rounds of live, inert, and sims ammo these mags have on them.
    Great post. I've heard some stories of Glock Pmags "not lasting" compared to OEM mags due to loss of spring tension. I'm not sure if I should take that as gospel or urban myth. But it's good to know that OEM springs work in Pmags.
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 03-29-18 at 14:17.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Only systemic issue I have had is with Steel Cased ammo. Rounds would get sluggish and cause failures by not being in position - to the point that while hand unloaded them, I could flick the top round off and count 1-3 seconds for the next round to move up. At first I had attributed the issues to ammo alone, but Magpul said it was a known issues with steel cased ammo (sometimes).

Their email response -

"We have seen this before, one thing to try is wipe down the inside of the mag body with CLP and run the mags a few times, then wipe dry and this should fix the issue and normally only takes one application. If steel cased or aluminum cased ammo is used the coatings they use can rub off and cause rounds to stick  "

I haven't tried the fix yet, just moved to OEM mags for the time being. It was a sample size of 8 Glock PMAGs (17 and 15rd).

Up until that point I was pretty impressed but I guess I should try the remedy soon.
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 03-29-18 at 14:56.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Only systemic issue I have had is with Steel Cased ammo. Rounds would get sluggish and cause failures by not being in position - to the point that while hand unloaded them, I could flick the top round off and count 1-3 seconds for the next round to move up. At first I had attributed the issues to ammo alone, but Magpul said it was a known issues with steel cased ammo (sometimes).

Their email response -

"We have seen this before, one thing to try is wipe down the inside of the mag body with CLP and run the mags a few times, then wipe dry and this should fix the issue and normally only takes one application. If steel cased or aluminum cased ammo is used the coatings they use can rub off and cause rounds to stick  "

I haven't tried the fix yet, just moved to OEM mags for the time being. It was a sample size of 8 Glock PMAGs (17 and 15rd).

Up until that point I was pretty impressed but I guess I should try the remedy soon.
    I’ve experienced the same problems with another 7 mags and steel case ammo. I don’t shoot all that much, so the mags probably only had 2000 rounds distributed evenly over themselves. I’ve also just moved to OEM mags because they just work no matter what, it seems.

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast