Thread: (Review) Tritium Pro I-dot sights from AmeriGlo

Feedback Score

(Review) Tritium Pro I-dot sights from AmeriGlo

Ladies and Gents:

I had the opportunity to review a set of night sights from AmeriGlo and thought I would share the results here:

Brand - AmeriGlo
    Model - Pro I-dot
    MSRP - 120.00 (Can be found for less if you shop around)
    Host gun - S&W Shield 9mm

IMPORTANT! - AmeriGlo Strongly recommends professional installation and will not warrant sights that are damaged due to improper installation, abuse, or neglect.

These sights use Trijicon inserts and are clearly marked. They have a nice balanced glow that is not overpowering but really begins to come out in low light situations when the sights could normally begin to wash out.

Two dot configuration - I love the Heine or straight 8 configuration instead of the 3 dots. It seems more natural and seems to make target acquisition faster

High visibility front post - I really like that the front dot has a high visibility red/orange ring around it to greatly increase visibility in daytime hours.

Excellent customer service.

Dislikes:

I had/have some concerns about the durability of the front sight post. I have installed several sets of night sights in the past and have always used a brass punch to very carefully drift the sights into place. However when I installed these I found that the next night the front sight was approximately half the brightness it initially had been and the following night was almost completely dark.

After reaching out to AmeriGlo and providing pics and an explanation they replaced the front sight for me and explained that this is not the norm but explained that they do recommend the use of a sight pusher instead of the use of a punch.

Overall:

Even with the issue with the front sight I am still going to give this one 5/5 stars and would recommend these to anyone looking for night sights.

Video review can be found here:

https://youtu.be/WxdiICv-9A4

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks for the review.

I have a set of Ameriglo CAP sights on my Glock 43 and believe sights like the ones you selected would have been better. The CAP sights are decent, but for someone with aging eyesight they are not as fast to index on target as I would like. Precise shots at 25 yards take a bit more work with the CAP sights than the Ashley Express sights I recently tried out and I believe the I Dot or Straight Eight sights would be in the same league as the Ashleys.

As far as installation goes, I've seen people damage the tritium vial in the front sight with a punch. For any sight containing a tritium vial I like to use a sight pusher myself.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    I have a feeling that the reason was because the installation on the Shield is much tighter than just about any other sight I have done. I think going forward I would consider getting a pusher if I should have to install another set.

Feedback Score
    My first set the vial backed out, but did not leak. They replaced it no problem, but the second one I filed and polished a little and buffered the punch with wood and it's been good. Agreed, awesome sights.