Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Glock 42

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan84 View Post
    Some get lucky some don't. My buddy picked up one 3 months ago and had a few malfunctions when brand new. I know he hasn't had to contact Glock at all.
    Lol. "Lucky" does not equal GTG.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Happy to report that I fired 210 rounds to day with no issue. I shot the following:

100 95g Fiocchi FMJ
    60 90g Underwood XTP
    25 Hornady Custom XTP
    25 90g Hornady z-max

I did call Kevin Underwood and he was unaware of the xtreme penetrator rounds having issues in Gock 42s. He did mention that they are redesigning the bullet and if it was the bullet shape/dimensions causing the issue the new design should alleviate the issue.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mayonaise View Post
    Well yes I have a G42. Do you know that there are parts revisions by every manufacturer for most every gun made? Look on any S&W revolver frame. Glock still produces revisions for G17's and every other model. Most guns don't need them, but they never stop updating processes and parts. The Glock 9mm magazine follower is now on #6. The .40 mag followers are #9. I've shot more than my share of G42's and they run. I have one of the first G42's shipped with the original magazines that runs with no issues. Does it like some ammo over other. Yep, but that can be said with most guns out there. Also, with most any small gun you pretty much have to alter how you shoot them. Watch Jerry Miculek's video.

Oh yeah, Using GLock Talk as a reference is hardly what I would consider reliable information. One should take those threads with a serious grain of salt. Just sayin'
    02411 is right. There was an earlier unreported issue on the G42, that Glock will not acknowledge. It has since been fixed.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I fired the Glock 42 twice in the past week and hit the 400 round mark. So far, so good. I fired Brown Bear HP and FMJ, Winchester white box FMJ and CCI Lawman 90g HP with zero malfunctions. I also fired the Glock 43 on both outings for comparison.

I compared first shot from concealment, split times, rapid fire hits on target at 50 feet and slow fire accuracy at 25 yards with my Glock 43. The Glock 42 seems to be better in all these categories than the Glock 43 and it's easier to conceal. The Glock 43 is my EDC pistol and the available 9mm defensive cartridges have more beans than the .380 auto, but I am strongly considering carrying a Glock 42 when I don't carry a 1911.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flankenstein View Post
    Happy to report that I fired 210 rounds to day with no issue. I shot the following:

100 95g Fiocchi FMJ
    60 90g Underwood XTP
    25 Hornady Custom XTP
    25 90g Hornady z-max

I did call Kevin Underwood and he was unaware of the xtreme penetrator rounds having issues in Gock 42s. He did mention that they are redesigning the bullet and if it was the bullet shape/dimensions causing the issue the new design should alleviate the issue.
    Fast forwarding to today, have you had anymore issues with your G42?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456