Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 42

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm the op. When shooting this model 42, I experimented in this manner to avoid any hint of limp wristing: using a two hand death grip hold, I pulled my elbows into my abdomen with great force. Still, I had stove pipe stoppages; however, the number was fewer. One variation I did not try was removing the slide stop. But I did substitute my left hand for my right and saw no difference.

Since some shooters report that 42's slide stop has caused problems, and I readily see how it might, I think that I will remove this part if I buy a Glock 42.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter View Post
    Some bubblegum forums have probably 30% or greater portions of their membership that either aren't old enough to own a gun or have never even touched a gun in their lives and their entire experience is reading gun forums and playing COD. Another 20%+ are just liars who don't actually own the guns they are talking about and have a vendetta against certain manufacturers and will echo chamber any known fault of that manufacturer. Another 10%+ of them own the guns but never actually shoot them because they don't want to waste money on ammunition that could be used to buy another gun to put in the safe and admire.

There is another small portion of the population that actually has 2 different accounts and will literally argue with themselves about things.

I am not even going to go into the aftermarket astro-turfing accounts.

There are probably less than 10% of the people of certain forums that should be taken as even remotely reliable and if you are a shooter, you will be able to figure out who they are.

This forum has a higher number of reliable members but even then, there are a not insignificant percentage who live in our Mom's basement and read gun magazines/forums and know everything about guns without ever actually owning or shooting them at all.
    Maybe you're right, but don't know how you compiled your stats. Don't know / want to know what COD, astro-turfing, etc mean. My post was merely to indicate that folks usually fault Glock Talk, Sig fourm, FN forum, etc for defending the product they are fans of...typically they aren't faulted for saying there is a problem when there isn't. I don't own a G42 or sleep in a Holiday Inn/parents' basement.
    Last edited by brushy bill; 01-19-15 at 22:05.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brushy bill View Post
    Maybe you're right, but don't know how you compiled your stats. Don't know / want to know what COD, astro-turfing, etc mean. My post was merely to indicate that folks usually fault Glock Talk, Sig fourm, FN forum, etc for defending the product they are fans of...typically they aren't faulted for saying there is a problem when there isn't. I don't own a G42 or sleep in a Holiday Inn/parents' basement.
    I just made them up.

Unfortunately that is what happens on the internet.

COD = Call of Duty (video game)
    Astroturfing = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroturfing

I have seen enough crap on Glock Talk that I don't use it for anything other than entertainment. This happened right after I saw a 3 or 4 page argument on which direction you should move the rear sight to adjust for POA/POI. Over half of the posters were completely wrong and over half of those that were correct obviously had no idea what they were talking about. (Moving the sights changed how the bullet came out)

Considering that is a basic BB gun understanding of firearms, I don't take anything seriously on Glocktalk and haven't since Tamara left.

Most people, and I am guilty of it too, think that everyone else posting on internet forums are the same as them. They aren't.

They might be sitting in their footed pajamas in their Mom's house waiting for her to make cereal or they might be standing in front of a Inventor Pro work station posting online instead of working on the project he is supposed to be working on.

For the record, my wife owns a G42 (~400 rds) and she loves it. No failures whatsoever and in her hands is phenomenally accurate. To quote her "I LOVE this gun". This was after her 2nd magazine with all holes touching at ~10 yards.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter View Post

COD = Call of Duty (video game)
    Astroturfing = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroturfing
    I learned something new today. I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks.
    Last edited by T2C; 01-20-15 at 11:04.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    I have been shooting a 42 for a few weeks now - only about 300 rounds so far due to limited ammo supply and have not yet set up to reload 380 (soon!)
    I have had one malfunction- lock back with one round in mag on a lead round nose reload.
    All jacketed ammo flawless. Sub two inch 15 yard groups ( haven't had the time to go to 25 or beyond)
    They will be sensitive to grip as I watch my placement not to interfere with the slide stop.
    Once I had 100 rounds through it with no malfunction I tried to get it to jam shooting it one handed with an intentionally unlocked wrist and elbow and a two finger grip and it still ran.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I learned something new today. I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks.
    Me too. Thanks for the chuckle Crow Hunter.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've got a new one and while I haven't shot much out of it (less then fifty rounds of FMJ) I've only had one fug up with the second mag through it-the shell fired but didn't eject,however since this is with some old .380 that I've had for gawd knows how long I'm racking that up to ammo and not me or the gun.

It did pass one test I always do with a new pistol:load a mag and holding it in one hand I do a mag dump as fast as I can,no aiming just dump the mag into the backstop FAST,the little bugger did it with authority.

My range is my front yard so range is approx but I'd say not more then eight yards and accuracy was fine,it shot a tad left however I'll claim that as it's been awhile since I've shot a striker pistol.

Gonna shoot it more this afternoon.
    "That which is dead can eternal lie,and with strange aeons even death may die"~Lovecraft

Feedback Score
    I love Glocks.

That said, no way on earth would I own a 42.

I own 2 Glock 19's and have NEVER had a single FTE/FTF after shooting thousands and thousands of rounds through them. When WWbox was $4.63 a box of 50, I would buy them by the case from Walmart and shoot a minimum of 300 rounds per shooting session.

Monday, I'll be shooting my favorite 19, the other is a grip reduced for my wife to shoot. My other Glock 19 whose grip wasn't to my liking (too narrow) until I installed a Hogue Handall and now it's grip is perfect.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    GLOCK 42 BACK. I received the 42 from Glock this week. They replaced the following parts: magazines, firing pin assembly, slide cover plate, extractor plunger assembly, locking block. Without firing the pistol, I returned it to my friend who will test it, and I will report his findings. I had expected that they would have replaced the super strong recoil spring, but they did not. Oddly, my friend fired 200 rds through it before malfunctions occurred. On the original mags at the top front edge I observed a sharp lip protruding backwards. The new mags had an upper edge with a 45 degree slope forward. I could see that the mags were new and not repaired. One can only guess at Gaston's reasoning, and my guess is that with this serial number range the strategy is to replace "everything".

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by williejc View Post
    One can only guess at Gaston's reasoning, and my guess is that with this serial number range the strategy is to replace "everything".
    Armorer's discretion.
    I'm a lead farmer motherf**ker! - Kurt Lazarus

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast