Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 42

Feedback Score
    I just bought a Glock 42 after renting one at my local gun store / shooting range. I was advised that the newer revisions are marked with a # 2 on the magazine and another #2 stamped into the frame by the trigger bar. I was unable to locate that specific marking but the mags had the #2 . Anyway I shot 50 rounds of Agulia because that was all they had. I did not have any issues with the range gun or the one I bought but again, I only shot 50 rounds through each one and used both mags that came with the new one I bought. I will have to say that I didn't want to like this little pocket gun, but as I shot it, it grew on me. I am a L.E.O. and I carry a Glock 21 for work and am a 1911 guy and carry one off duty. The 42 is a back up gun and will be carried in a cargo pants pocket of my uniform. This pistol was accurate out to 15 yds and I did not encounter any FTF's FTE's or stovepipes / double feeds. I just ordered the 2 round extension and a Ghost 3.5 Edge upgrade as my 21 has a 3.5 trigger upgrade as well.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Current magazines are marked 02. Even newer 42's are shipping with mags identified with caliber (.380). They are exactly the same as the 02 mags and carry that mark as well.

The number inside the frame has NOTHING to do with updates. It's quite simply the number of the mold that was used to make the frame. That's it.
    I'm a lead farmer motherf**ker! - Kurt Lazarus

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    What is the current guide rod assembly on these. The one I have is 0 1.

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post

C4
    I believe it's "1 0" (7:02 mark below)

Mine's pretty recent FWIW

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have had great luck with two different ones.
    I had one of the first production G42's out, about 1k rounds through it all kinds of ammo and no problems.

My second also works flawlessly. It lives in my pocket. I work in construction, so it gets full of sand, crud, and sweat.

Just for kicks I don't clean it before I shoot it, and it runs like a Swiss watch. Even with the early mags.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mayonaise View Post
    Current magazines are marked 02. Even newer 42's are shipping with mags identified with caliber (.380). They are exactly the same as the 02 mags and carry that mark as well.

The number inside the frame has NOTHING to do with updates. It's quite simply the number of the mold that was used to make the frame. That's it.
    Thank you for clarifying that, I obviously was given inaccurate information and I don't like to spread or use inaccurate info besides looking like a tool or troll. Mrgunsngear, thank you for the review, and post to the link on the Glock forum.
    Last edited by Zebra644; 02-26-15 at 06:28.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post

C4
    That's correct.
    I'm a lead farmer motherf**ker! - Kurt Lazarus

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A local gun shop has an indoor range and they have a Glock 42 as a loaner. The magazine is marked with a 2, but I can't confirm how internal parts are marked. People shoot the daylights out of it and I haven't heard any negative feedback about the pistol.

The only negative thing I am hearing is the difference in price between .380 and 9mm ammunition. .380 ammunition is considerably more expensive in my area.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebra644 View Post
    Thank you for clarifying that, I obviously was given inaccurate information and I don't like to spread or use inaccurate info besides looking like a tool or troll. Mrgunsngear, thank you for the review, and post to the link on the Glock forum.
    Glad you found it helpful.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 021411 View Post
    http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1516100
    That link is the large one that is on going. There are good reports and bad reports and updates on G42 repairs. It's LONG but worth it if you're on the fence about owning one.
    Probably the best reply from that thread:

One of many reasons, the G42will be exported to South America where the .380 will be used by the huge civilian market,and Glock will own that marketshare.
    The proven endurancs,reliability,acceptance of the design worldwide including police and military,and the same feel,trigger,etc. means success for the new G42.

Is the G42 just a lemon with design and engineering flaws?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast