Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Glock 42

Feedback Score
    I now have a Ghost Edge connector, 2 shot mag. extension and Crimson Trace laser guard. I now have 100 rounds through mine without a hiccup. I'm not crazy about the cost of the .380 ammo but this a fun little gun to shoot and works well as a good back-up.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    There are two G42's out there. The 1st production ones had a lot of very well known issues. The newer ones with the different # on the internals has had pretty positive. I'm looking at buying one of these as a ankle carry and will be making sure I have a later production 42

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cosme9242 View Post
    There are two G42's out there. The 1st production ones had a lot of very well known issues. The newer ones with the different # on the internals has had pretty positive. I'm looking at buying one of these as a ankle carry and will be making sure I have a later production 42
    There are revisions to the Gen3 frames, but there's no functional differences. Same with the G42 frames. I have one of the first G42's with no current revisions and it runs anything I've put through it. Point being, revisions and improvements are a constant but there are thousands out in service without the changes that function just fine. People get all wrapped around the axle because of a lot of misinformation and speculation on the interwebs.

BTW as mentioned before. The # on the frame has nothing to do with changes. More than one machine makes parts. Those are mold or machine numbers, nothing more.
    I'm a lead farmer motherf**ker! - Kurt Lazarus

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I was instructed by the wife to buy her a Glock 42, which I bought April 30th. I took it out May 1st to fire the first shots through it.

I did not clean or lube it, I just took it out of the box and fired 60 rounds through it. I did this intentionally to induce a malfunction. The G42 fired 30 rounds of Brown Bear FMJ and 30 rounds of CCI Lawman HP without a malfunction. When I have more time, I will really drop the hammer on the new pistol to see what it can take.

So far, accuracy is good and recoil is very light. When I ring up a higher round count and can get it to malfunction, I will post again.

The attached photo is of a target that has 30 rounds of Brown Bear and 30 rounds of CCI on it with a total of 8 head shots. The G42 is definitely more accurate than the Walther PPK I sold.
    Last edited by T2C; 06-29-15 at 13:05. Reason: Revision due to poor grammar
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Any way to determine based on the serial number?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mayonaise View Post
    99% of most G42 issues are shooter induced malfunctions. Any input on the slide will cause a feed issue, slide stop lever issue etc.. It's a small gun, more sensitive to grip issues. Same thing with the G36. Actual issues with either of those models are FAR from hit or miss.
    I think that that is unlikely, like most supposed "shooter induced" function errors. If a personal defense or combat firearm is that sensitive to the way that it is gripped, then it is a defective design and should be recalled.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Update: Round count on the wife's Glock 42 is now 200. The only malfunctions to date were the slide not locking back after the last shot in the magazine. The malfunctions were shooter induced when I rested my thumb on the slide stop lever. I hate to say it, but I am warming to this .380.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    So it's now August 2015. Can we safely assume that if one were to walk into a gun store today and buy a G42 that all the issues have been worked out and the pistol will be GTG as far as design flaws?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    So it's now August 2015. Can we safely assume that if one were to walk into a gun store today and buy a G42 that all the issues have been worked out and the pistol will be GTG as far as design flaws?
    No. My new FDE 42 (06/15) had premature slide lock every mag with underwood's 90g extreme penetrator rounds (60 rounds fired) and not every mag but often enough with freedom munitions 90g reman (150 round).

Ordered different ammo to test out this weekend but the gun is still picky about ammo at best and a POS at worst.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'll be shooting mine next weekend...I'll report back.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast