Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Holster system for extremely thin waist?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Holster system for extremely thin waist?

Hi all,

I'm a 130 lb, 5'9 male who has an EXTREMELY small and THIN waist (26" waist, 5 inches thick if you look from the side). As a result, I have an extremely hard time trying to find the right carry system for a Glock 19 Gen 4.

I tried an Incog IWB holster at 5 o'clock and the result is simply pain in the small of the back for days (I have nothing but bones in the back). I also tried to make my first OWB holster at home last night and what I found out was I literally I have to bend the entire holster at 90 degrees to get it to fit [not really] close to my hip for a 3 o'clock carry. Pic below is a crappy G19 OWB holster for reference.

IMG_0077.jpg

I think the last thing for me to try is a shoulder holster but I would much prefer a belt holster if at all possible. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!

P.S. No eating 3 burgers a day would not do it. I just have skinny genes.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Have you tried appendix carry? Crossbreed super tuck at 1oclock would be a good try, having such little waistline to conceal "xyz" you might have to step down to a g26 to keep the grip from protruding and depending on your climate / clothing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A Comp Tac CTAC might be worth a look.

Feedback Score
    Have you thought about a custom made holster? Lots of folks that make holsters will do custom work.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayern View Post
    Have you thought about a custom made holster? Lots of folks that make holsters will do custom work.
    I have but I'm trying to at least figure out the "type" of carry I should be doing with my physical shape.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    X Concealment makes the most compact OWB holster I have used. Call them.
    Go in peace, but be prepared for violence.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    The new Raven Eidolon with the grip tuck feature looks promising for you skinny guys.

Feedback Score
    Bluebird, I woul love to have your problem

I suggest trying AIWB carry. It generally works better for those in shape, without well developed beer muscle, that pushes pistol outside.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    Try leather or horsehide. I love kramers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Damn, someone skinnier than me.

I appendix carry with a slightly modified RCS Phantom. Appendix allows me to get away with carrying a P30LS with +5 magazine extensions, RMR'd slide, and X400U. I am 5'8", 140 lbs, with a size 28 waist. I typically wear size small t-shirts and slim fit jeans (size 30 waist, to allow for all that crap IWB).

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast