Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holster system for extremely thin waist?

Feedback Score
    I also recommend you take a look at the Crossbreed Supertuck. I'm not that skinny anymore, but the Supertuck does seem to spread out the mass pretty well and conform to the curve. For me, they really don't print.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Here is my G19 in an X Concealment and Sawyer Concealment. The XC has unique, integral belt loops and takes up far less room on the belt than designs with more standard belt loops. It is 4 3/4" edge to edge VS 6 1/2". It also holds the gun very close to the body.

Last edited by DWood; 01-18-15 at 13:20.
    Go in peace, but be prepared for violence.

Feedback Score
    Op, get the unloaded gun and a mirror and hold it against u r waist and move it around until u can find a place it lays flat.

I Aiwb. With tight shirts I have to place the gun at nearly 12:00 with heavy cant, but I can hide an m&p fs like this.

Your shape may dictate a different location.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 01-18-15 at 14:06.

Feedback Score
    image_2263.jpg

Find a version of this little holster. Throw away the dumb clip and thread it on your belt OWB or between the belt and pants. You'll love it, no gun stuffed in your pants, no buying pants that don't fit. Wear an untucked tee and you'll be able to conceal most anything.

I do love those X concealments....thanks for the tip. I'd love one of those for my CZ and P220.
    Last edited by ritepath; 01-18-15 at 16:44.
    The Jeep is Family

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    The thinner you are the easier it is to conceal a handgun.
    How's that?
    Dogma is failure - Ken Hackathorn

Only performance counts - Paul Sharp

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    How's that?
    Shirts fit looser around the waist. My weight drifts between 188-225 (I'm 5'11 1/2"), when I'm lean at 188lbs (6% bodyfat) I can easily conceal a full size M&P with a button up & with a large t-shirt easily conceal an M&P compact. When I'm heavier like I am now, M&P shield is the best I can conceal unless I totally changed my attire. It helps being lean and muscular, at least for me. Being bulky hinders concealed carry.

Feedback Score

Holster system for extremely thin waist?

Concealed carry is a challenge for all of us, regardless of shape or size. It often comes down to compromise... what do you want to carry, how often, with what clothes, etc etc.

I've come to find appendix carry with my S&W 442 using a remora or a smartcarry holster as a combination that is all day every day. I still don't find this ideal but I spent some time with a gun always in the car/house but not always on me and I wanted to rectify that and this combination has been an immediate solution.

I am almost always able to carry in any outfit, dress or casual with the above combination. I'm planning on adding a single stack auto in the near future to replace the 442, and we'll see how that goes, but carrying as often as possible is my goal, even if that means a compromise of weapon choice.
    Last edited by Enoch; 01-18-15 at 21:17.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    Shirts fit looser around the waist. My weight drifts between 188-225 (I'm 5'11 1/2"), when I'm lean at 188lbs (6% bodyfat) I can easily conceal a full size M&P with a button up & with a large t-shirt easily conceal an M&P compact. When I'm heavier like I am now, M&P shield is the best I can conceal unless I totally changed my attire. It helps being lean and muscular, at least for me. Being bulky hinders concealed carry.
    We're the same size, but you have about 10 pounds on me. I can confirm with your statements.

I was thinking you were about to say you could conceal a fullsize in a medium T-shirt.

I can conceal a G19 easily in my Dark Star Gear AIWB. Prints with the vickers basepads, but I recently moved away from those.
    Dogma is failure - Ken Hackathorn

Only performance counts - Paul Sharp

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Attire and lifestyle will dictate what and how you carry. A tee shirt and jeans... Hahahahahahaha
    Ain't no pockets on a shroud..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokopelli View Post
    Attire and lifestyle will dictate what and how you carry. A tee shirt and jeans... Hahahahahahaha
    I threw away the jeans and got what they call "cargo pants." Now I can carry a cell phone, keys and a pocket nine in comfort and concealment. Plus they are more comfortable than denim pants.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast