Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sniper teams use booking photos for target practice?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    99% of the people, a group into which I fall, wouldn't give a rats ass. On the other hand there are gazillions of targets out there that have pictures of just about anyone or anything; so why be stupid and use pictures of people you might actually have to shoot for practice. Whole lot of lawyers would argue that the were planning on killing my poor client who was just getting his life turned around and all that jazz. See they even practiced doing it for weeks. Why go looking for that kind of mess????

Feedback Score
    What no one is mentioning here, who was the moron that didn't take the target down? I have no problem with what they are doing. I do have a problem with the band player who got sand in her vagina and the knucklehead that didn't take it down.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    At the Sig Academy they use silhouettes of a couple employees. I guess it was pretty funny when one of the guys took a course there and had to shoot himself.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I use my own likeness. They should do likewise.

-------------------------------------
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep..."

Feedback Score
    Using one's own likeness is a good idea. It would be difficult for some else to take umbrage with that. Still, some nut might try to get you involuntarily committed for suicidal ideations! lol
    In Hoc Signo Vinces

"The nine most terrifying words in the english language are 'I'm from the Government and I'm here to help'." Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've shot at full size cardboard cutouts I've gotten outta the dumpster literally of: Rikishi the wrestler, Macho Man Randy Savage, Hulk Hogan, Charlie Sheen, the big girl from Wilson Phillips, The Cake boss, Kung Fu Panda, Whoopi Goldberg, some ad for christmas with the Grinch, and a few political ones... which will remain unnamed as I'm sure shooting a cardboard cutout of a president, vice president, senator, and mayor of NYC can be construed by some as a threat.... when in actuality it was a piece of shitty cardboard that I found in the trash and was a good representation of a full size man at distance....

whatever helps train you, helps train you.... and the bleeding hearts can go pack sand

the only one I regret now after thinking about it.... Kung Fu Panda.... because pandas are endangered... even more so those of the Kung Fu genus...
    When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.. - Ronald Reagan

smoke and drink and screw..that's what I was born to do.. - Steel Panther

Feedback Score
    By itself, yes, this is stupid. But it's not happening in a vacuum. Consider the people getting worked up about this - does anyone honestly think these people think that they could roll up to a public range, walk to the target stand, and start stapling up images of police officers as targets, and not cause a shitstorm?

You'd get a similar response out of other groups (militia nuts? occupy idiots?) if you started using pictures that depicted them as targets, and for the same reason.

Using pictures of locals was stupid and they should have known better.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mattg1024 View Post
    At the Sig Academy they use silhouettes of a couple employees. I guess it was pretty funny when one of the guys took a course there and had to shoot himself.
    If I ever come across a genetic clone of myself out there, you can be absolutely sure I'm going to make it my top priority to take it down. No good can possibly come of that scenario.
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Post edited because I did not think it through.
    Last edited by Blastem; 03-09-15 at 14:40. Reason: Thinking about this more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12