Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: M4 configurations in "American Sniper"

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I just watched the movie Saturday night. As has been mentioned by several people, I was amazed at how every single person in the theatre just sat there all through the credits and stayed completely quiet, then stood up and exited without a word. I have never seen anything like that before. Great movie and highly recommended. I also enjoyed seeing the variation in weapon set-ups.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nate89 View Post
    I just watched the movie Saturday night. As has been mentioned by several people, I was amazed at how every single person in the theatre just sat there all through the credits and stayed completely quiet, then stood up and exited without a word. I have never seen anything like that before. Great movie and highly recommended. I also enjoyed seeing the variation in weapon set-ups.
    Same in my theater. It was quite a feeling.

Feedback Score
    I served with 2/4 in Ramadi, Iraq in 2004, the same time Chris Kyle was there. Anyhow, I can only speak from the Marine pov, and when I was there, we didn't have m4's yet. Still the m16's. About half way through the deployment, we just started to get acogs, but I chose not to have one because I had never used one before, and wasn't comfortable with it. At that point in the deployment, I wasn't about the change up what I was comfortable with. Still waiting to see the movie. I hope it does the man justice.
    Last edited by Jewell; 01-19-15 at 00:41.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I know of a place in California you can go to get all of this info first hand, if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Dano5326 View Post
    Yes...
    /thread
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 01-19-15 at 07:56.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrvip27 View Post
    If I can remember correctly, was he using the .338 at the end of the movie? If so, he says in his book apparently that for some reason he didn't have one for it...
    Ahh the simplest answer seems to be the best.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nate89 View Post
    I was amazed at how every single person in the theatre just sat there all through the credits and stayed completely quiet, then stood up and exited without a word. I have never seen anything like that before.
    Haven't seen it yet (going this weekend), but I've had similar experiences after both Lone Survivor and Saving Private Ryan.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Like others said, SOF does what they want cause they're big kids. Us regular folks have little freedom, depending on command we can choose optics if its available in the arms room, stocks,grips,slings and lights. That's about it.

However, when we had our rifles converted to the m4A1 configuration, we were told we can't make any changes.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewell View Post
    I served with 2/4 in Ramadi, Iraq in 2004, the same time Chris Kyle was there. Anyhow, I can only speak from the Marine pov, and when I was there, we didn't have m4's yet. Still the m16's. About half way through the deployment, we just started to get acogs, but I chose not to have one because I had never used one before, and wasn't comfortable with it. At that point in the deployment, I wasn't about the change up what I was comfortable with. Still waiting to see the movie. I hope it does the man justice.

By the time 2/4 deployed I MEF had enough ACOGs (ACOs in Marine vernacular) to equip 1 Marine per squad, the goal was 1 per team but eventually with OCO that changed to 1 per rifle.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    His longest shot was with the 338 Lapua. He had fastened a DOPE card to the side but the 2100 yard shot exceeded the card and he had to eyeball it. Most of the time if he wore a can on the front with the exception of the 338. He also used a MK-12 a MK11 Mod X (SR-25)and a 300 Win Mag.
    He mostly used the lower from his M4 and married it with his MK-12 which gave him a collapsible stock and allowed for full auto. Now most issued Mk-12 come with collapsible stocks.
    Rounds were black hills match grade, glass was Nightforce. Kyle also perfered a 2lb trigger, I am not sure of the manufacture

"It's Dangerous To Go Alone! Take This."

https://www.facebook.com/Blak1508
    Instagram Blak1508

Feedback Score
    Excellent movie & well worth the time. Same thing at the end, quiet theater, but after the credits there was some applause. My wife asked me if I was OK to drive, she was crying when we got up. Too many variants of M4's to keep track of. Eastwood deserves recognition on this one & I would like to see an ugly gold statue for him for the film.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast